Wanted Rock Shox Judy SL Aluminium 1.1/8th Crown + Steer

I'd have thought it was obvious, given they are a combined unit of crown and steerer, most just say steerer though.
Very few would want separate parts to pull and press together.

Unless it was a PACE or old Marzocchi that where separate.
anyway, only rabbling on as I get tagged and I can look through this weekend. I have a change the Alu steerer part probably means I don't have one.

I'd have thought it was obvious, given they are a combined unit of crown and steerer, most just say steerer though.
Very few would want separate parts to pull and press together.

Unless it was a PACE or old Marzocchi that where separate.
anyway, only rabbling on as I get tagged and I can look through this weekend. I have a change the Alu steerer part probably means I don't have one.
Awesome mate if you could I’m also after the long titanium brake bosses if you have them man

right, that`s true, however, it is possible to replace the steerer, if needed. Most people do not do that and look for a new set of crown + steerers for a while. But I have some experience with the replacement and I have done 3 (three) steerers on my own forks myself. The question is not how to replace it, it goes. The question is where to find longer (or taller) steerer :)

No offense, please. Just FYI.

I know it can be done, there is/was someone on here/ebay UK that was replacing and/or selling steerers for them.

Note, I forget exact details :LOL: and offence rarely taken by me. It's all chat and knowledge share on here.

As fluffy said they are relatively easy to change out. I would be happy to teach someone in the UK what to do so that you would not have to send the crowns to US for replacement.

I have been in contact with the manufacture who makes steerer tubes for the OEM fork manufactures. They have 1 1/8" threadless steel and Alloy tubes that are a direct replacement. Let me know if anyone wants to start a pre-order for these and I can look into it with my supplier.

1" is a little more complicated. They only have steel (threaded and threadless) however the press fit area is the wrong diameter for the Judy crown. I need to find a machine shop who can machine them down for a reasonable price.
There is also a logistics issue which very high transportation costs.

Once I get the machining sorted on on the 1" I will also make and adapter to allow you to press a 1" tube into a 1 1/8" crown.

Back