Rock lobster titanium frame

Happy to pay the PayPal fee's if the requested price is met! Could also deliver if not too far for price of fuel, or cash on collection!

Re:

I'm definitely interested, although the price is slightly high.
Can you tell me the serial number please? (under the bb shell)
Sounds like meetup with cash is the best arrangement for you, but where do you live?

Re:

Yes, even when I visit my son in Manchester, it's still 130 miles.
I'm still very interested though - can you give me the serial number please?

Re:

Unless you're saying GF56 00430 is the serial number?
I haven't seen a serial number in that format before, but it could mean that it was built in a factory with initials GF in June 2005 - would that fit with what you know of its history?

Re:

The one for sale definitely looks more recent than the one in the Merlin advert - if anything, it looks to have a longer head tube in size 15 than the size 21 in the Merlin advert!
But then again, that could be explained by the Merlin ad featuring an out-of date mock-up, as the wording implies that the frames hadn't been built at the time of writing.
The one for sale here looks as though it has this geometry that I have previously understood to date from 2009, so that serial number (if it is one) has me more puzzled than I would like to be.

Attachments

• 2009 or so Rock Lobster and Merlin geometry.jpg
    2009 or so Rock Lobster and Merlin geometry.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 581
Re:

Having said that, I now find that RL team tig 853, size 15, with serial M603 030351 (March 2006) also has the later geometry, so the geometry chart above must have been mis-labelled at some point, and is perhaps for 2005 onwards.
Incidentally, the PayPal fee is 3.4% plus £0.20, so on £300 it would be £10.40.

Back