Rock Lobster Reynolds 853 steel frame 2000ish

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi

So after a lot of effort to build this frame up, I have decided that I just prefer the 29" wheel set up. So here it is. A 2000ish Rock Lobster steel Reynolds 853 frame. Its a 21" from center of the BB to the top of the seat tube. I am 6ft 3-4 and it fit me well with a good 7-8" of seat post up so I would say this frame would suit someone 6ft up. The BB threads are good and the rear dropouts are Ritchey. Its not been refinished in anyway from new and is a metallic midnight blue colour (the pics don't really capture it). It has unused v brake bosses and also disc tabs. It has come up well after a bit of love and polishing but does have some wear from cable rub, chainstay rash and the decals are not perfect. There is some residue in the seat stays that rattles when you turn the frame over, but when riding there is no noise.

£120 collected or £135 delivered.

Here are a couple of pics but the build thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=297715

Thanks

Doug

Attachments

• tweak 9.jpg
    tweak 9.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 680
  • tweak 7.jpg
    tweak 7.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 679
  • tweak 2.jpg
    tweak 2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 680
  • BeFunky_p1070834.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_p1070834.jpg.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 680
Re: Rock Lobster Reynolds 853 steel frame 2000ish 21"

Hi Doug,

Can I ask what the TT is CtoC and also the HT length?

Cheers,

Mark

I'm bidding Wookie.. But have to admit I am totally skint so don't get excited, sorry.

It would have to go on the total back burner project wise right now... But it is a 20"

dablk":1u8kqady said:
I'm bidding Wookie.. But have to admit I am totally skint so don't get excited, sorry.

It would have to go on the total back burner project wise right now... But it is a 20"

Hello mate yeah I saw a bid matching your tag! Yup its a 20" centre to top of the seat tube...would fit around 6ft ish. I am 6ft 3-4 and I had the seat post up a good 8-9"

Doug

Latest posts

Back