Roberts Genesis 1996/97

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this Beauty up at the weekend, Original owner with sales invoice. It also came with colour matching p2`s , Original uno stem/bars and a lovely Salsa ahead stem that will replace the Thompson. Year wise it was ordered in 1996 and delivered very early 1997 so not sure where that leaves the frame age?

A few obvious changes to be made stem/bars/seat post & saddle other than that she is ready to go :cool:

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0753.jpg

DSC_0754.jpg

DSC_0760.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

Nice frame - what tubeset is it?

A side issue, but it seems odd for the previous owner to have fitted mis-matched rings to such a nice bike. Shimano-pattern rings would work better, but if you keep those FSAs you may find that the pin on the big ring is removable and can be put in the hole opposite it. As it stands, the ring is in the wrong alignment and the pin is doing nothing.

Had damn it dave. I should of sold you my DB :p

Looks nice. Wish my genesis was a touch larger.

Cheers for the comments, Intresting regarding the chainrings ...All new to me that :?

The parts are all M739 with funny choise agreed for the rest ... Now my take on it is the original build was the XT with the Rigid P2 forks and the Uno quill stem/bars that came with it. The previous owner said he has the frame painted by Argos now I would think this was done fitting the sids and uprating the rest of the kit to make it more modern

Dont fear though it will be sorted soon enough!! :cool:

@Jerky .... I did try I gave up waiting for a reply!! :LOL:

daj":3uqtqstn said:

I was hiding from replying to save future regrets. Thing is now I'd probably be prepared to sell it... Probably :p

JeRkY":26eh78wn said:
daj":26eh78wn said:

I was hiding from replying to save future regrets. Thing is now I'd probably be prepared to sell it... Probably :p

Keep me posted !! :LOL: :shock:

-Bit of an update

Have changed some bits but also found the forks to be pretty shot with the seals and damping :roll: , My new work horse is a non-starter :LOL: :LOL:

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

Latest posts

Back