Roberts 26" touring with phil woods hubs....

I'm 6ft on the nose. Shirt legs tho! And I've been wanting a bike to buy in the UK and leave at my parents house there for when I'm visiting. This would be a really strong contender and a great option...

I'd just have to mail a bunch of spare parts home!

@SquallyShowers I'm going to be back in July. If, for some reason, it doesn't sell on eBay, hit me up as I might be very interested in meeting up for a cash sale.
Hi PW, interest noted. Good luck!

Hi all,
I’m the seller of the Roberts. It takes a 2” tyre, plenty of clearance at the rear. I had everything stretched out to the max due to the frame being on the small side at 6’ 3”. Even so the bike steered/handled beautifully both loaded and unloaded with a 110mm stem and drops. I’d say it’s a perfect fit for someone in the region of 5’9”-6’0”. Bear in mind the stand over of ~80cm. The Phil Wood touring hubs (2003) likely have less than 1500 miles in them and are as smooth as you’d expect.
Hey, do you have any pictures of it built up? Thanks

After exchanging messages with the seller via eBay, and then seeing his post on here I thought I’d like to have a look at it since it was fairly local to me (right side of the river). I’ve been after a large, 26” wheeled Longstaff or Roberts for touring duties for some time, so it seemed like a good idea to buy this.
Hope no one feels gazumped, offended etc.
@pw_pw_la : if it’s not a right fit, you have first dibs.

I can definitely recommend dealing with SquallyShowers. Top man. Thanks Martin.

After exchanging messages with the seller via eBay, and then seeing his post on here I thought I’d like to have a look at it since it was fairly local to me (right side of the river). I’ve been after a large, 26” wheeled Longstaff or Roberts for touring duties for some time, so it seemed like a good idea to buy this.
Hope no one feels gazumped, offended etc.
@pw_pw_la : if it’s not a right fit, you have first dibs.

I can definitely recommend dealing with SquallyShowers. Top man. Thanks Mart
Cheers A, top bloke. Thanks for the kind words. If you're representative of the forum then Retrobike's a good place to be.

Back