Roberts 26" touring with phil woods hubs....

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its way too small sadly...i would love a good roberts, but the chances of a white spider or dogs, in my size is about the same as me traveling to the moon and finding a costa there......oh hang on.....Elon....ready the ship!

Plus i assume its a kinda "rough stuff" and i think the clearance at the rear may be an issue for off road ?

Yes, you're right. Seat tube would be fine for me but the top tube would be too short I think. Not sure on the clearance, they do say it's running 2 inch tyres so it might be ok.

Hi all,
I’m the seller of the Roberts. It takes a 2” tyre, plenty of clearance at the rear. I had everything stretched out to the max due to the frame being on the small side at 6’ 3”. Even so the bike steered/handled beautifully both loaded and unloaded with a 110mm stem and drops. I’d say it’s a perfect fit for someone in the region of 5’9”-6’0”. Bear in mind the stand over of ~80cm. The Phil Wood touring hubs (2003) likely have less than 1500 miles in them and are as smooth as you’d expect.

I'm 6ft on the nose. Shirt legs tho! And I've been wanting a bike to buy in the UK and leave at my parents house there for when I'm visiting. This would be a really strong contender and a great option...

I'd just have to mail a bunch of spare parts home!

@SquallyShowers I'm going to be back in July. If, for some reason, it doesn't sell on eBay, hit me up as I might be very interested in meeting up for a cash sale.

Back