Robert Millars 1984 Pro10 on ebay France

I messaged the seller in my pigeon French to ask if they would post to UK but no reply as yet . The seller has zero feedback and only registered on ebay a week ago , the photos are with black bar tape and then white bar tape so could be old pictures grabbed by a scammer ? I would gladly give 1500 euro for it but would be surprised if it didnt sell for a lot more.

I’d ask one of France based chaps to contact seller and for more pics. If buying I’d drive there rather than posting. Cheaper 😉

The bike looks pretty legit from the photos (why no photo of the serial, though?), but obviously always best to be cautious with a seller with zero feedback. If I was selling it, I'd put at least something about how I'd come to acquire it – always worth asking about that.

It'll be interesting to see what it fetches, anyway.

What proper evidence is there to say this was ridden by Rober Millar?? A decal with his name doesn’t warrant provenance I’m afraid….

I don't know ,but no bids anyway. The seller didn't detail how they got it but it all looks correct as a team Issue spec and its in Millars size with the SLJ5500 drillium rear mech, race number hanger. Millar once stated in an interview that his old bikes were promised to sponsors even before a season ended as is probably common and old team bikes have to end up somewhere.
If I had it I would be tempted to contact Pippa to see if she could help to certify it.

Back