Anyone able to date a BSA tour de France from a frame number ?

Philoldsmobile

Dirt Disciple
I recently acquired a BSA tour de France in pieces. I've built the bike up (actually rides really nicely) and was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to it's year? It's for sale if anyone is interested

Attachments

• DSC_3472.JPG
    DSC_3472.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 7
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nottingham built either 1974 or 1984 as far as I know, I would say 1984 because of parts and graphics. There are a couple of experts on here though.
Thanks, 84 sounds right, as far as I can see, the graphics are the last version of the tour de France. The other indicator is that it was supplied by a bike shop, where the earlier version was via the freeman's /Kay's catalogue as far as I can see. It's a smooth ride, if a little unremarkable. I'll be using it every opportunity until it's sold, it's not a bad ride at all

Update... Did about 30 miles on it. While it's unremarkable, it's thoroughly competent. Listed it on ebay and sold it to a guy a couple of miles away. He is super happy with his purchase, I'm super happy to have saved it. I won't miss it, but derived great pleasure from saving it and knowing someone else will enjoy it.

Back