Road Ride:Sunday May 17th - Bonar Bridge - leadmore + return

Re: Road Ride: May 18th - Bonar Bridge - leadmore + return

This will be the usual leisurely macretro affair I'm sure.
To be honest any bike you want to bring is fine with me, whether it be your old tourer, epicyclo's old turn of the century roadster, your 2014 carbon featherlite or even your 84 Stumpjumper mountain bike, pretty much ride what you bring. If the distance is too long for the majority I can shorten the route or at least adjust to suite. Maybe even do out to the second junction then north to Lairg and then Golspie, bit shorter and a few ' get out early' routes back if anyone needs them.
No one gets left behind on macretro runs and faster guys usually wait and regroup often. To be honest its more the social aspect than putting in miles. Just trying to get the ball rolling on a couple of more northern rides.
I'll more than likely be riding my Merckx.

edit*** The run along most of the valley is flatish with a few rolling hills, nothing major Velo. I was surprised at the distance as it doesn't seem that long as its pretty easy going, but beautiful countryside.

Jamie

Ach, this looks like a belter, but can't make this Jamie.

Re:

Bonar Bridge sounds worrying - is that no where Kaiser and Gash went Skinny Dipping together to cement their manhood :?:

:|

(still interested though)

Bonar Bridge will never be the same now you evil man :)

Jamie

Re:

Jamie , 18th May is a Monday.

Lovely part of the world . I spent a few school trips at Carbisdale Castle youth hostel back in the 70s.

Pity I can't make it this time , I'm working .

Sorry guys I will amend this, it should be Sunday the 17th May :)
Hows that Hawmaw ? any better?

Jamie

Re:

It may be a bit too far for some, but this is also to try and get some of the growing contingent up this way a bit of a chance to have something a bit more local and not as far.
I honestly don't know whether anyone from the non highlands will co9me but its been many many years now where I have quite often driven a 500 mile round trip for a few hours ride

Back