Road lights...dazzling drivers problem!

I use a 1000 lumen Light and Motion front LED, flasing in the day and dusk, full on at night, it is dipped toward to ground so its about 4-5 metres ahead of me, even then a few Complain. You need to see and be seen - its as importnat as ever, and with ever increasingly congested roads, with everyone fighting for thier space, anything which raioses the cyclist visual profile is needed! Let them moan.

Re:

I wouldn't give a toss, half the cars nowadays with they're spot point led day lights let alone main lights blind me as a driver in a car. So sod you all I'll blind you with my bike.

Let the government sort the problem out.

After seeing some of these rear lights that are brighter than fog lights I'm going to get some of them too.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":5abl05ns said:
I wouldn't give a toss, half the cars nowadays with they're spot point led day lights let alone main lights blind me as a driver in a car. So sod you all I'll blind you with my bike.

Or Jeremy Clarkson's version:
I wouldn't give a toss, half the bikes nowadays with they're spot point led day lights let alone main lights blind me as a driver in a car. So sod you all I'll blind you with my car.

Two dazzled road users does not improve things. :?

Re:

Fairs fair in riding on the road do as they do, let the government sort it out, it's what they are paid to do.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3j1gc7a3 said:
Fairs fair in riding on the road do as they do, let the government sort it out, it's what they are paid to do.

At the risk of being called James to your Clarkeson, I am afraid I am with the Hamster...I don't want to be a dick about it, 2 wrongs don't make a right etc. I just want to ride my bike have fun and get on with other road users...

Re:

Fork mount:

lt103.jpg

http://harriscyclery.net/product/minour ... s-2389.htm

Put it on the fork but this also shows there are a number of remedies, there are fairly inexpensive wraparound bike lights too and I've mounted those on the fork.

I have put a few of these on the fork and they make big versions of these as well.

41VamcRaMZL._SX300_.jpg

But the fork mount above, one can, if your bike isn't a real show bike, even use tape, cotton bar tape (hockey stick tape) etc. to put a torch on the fork.

Back