Ringlé straight pull hubs. Help on year and setup

mkozaczek":2gfhjzom said:
Nice, any idea on a HED??

If you find the inside diameter of the HED rim I can calculate this for you... so you need to measure inside the rim AND give me an measurement of how thick the material of the rim that the spoke goes through. If you are not confident on what to measure I will try to look these info up in some of the rim guides...

mkozaczek":3lopfeas said:
Nice, any idea on a HED??
If I remember correctly, the HED rim section is based on the CR17 so these number should get you pretty much where you need to be.
The HED rims are actually easier to lace on these hubs as you can post the spoke straight in from the outside, rather than flexing the spoke from the inside and risking scratching the rim.

So the HED rim works kind of the first Mavic Cosmic carbon, with a alu rim and a "soft" aero-carbon profile?

Exactly. A non-structural carbon aero "fairing", filled with a kind of semi-supporting (for the fairing) foam.
They can fill up with water when it rains a lot and get very heavy! I have a set with some serious corrosion pits where salty winter water slowly seeped out over the off-season and pitted the rim in a patch at the lowest point.

Back