Ribblehead Round 16/17th May Aftermath Page 2

Re:

Another Dales one is Ribblehead round Whernside and down to Dent (long downhill) but then you have to run back along the Valley on minor road for a few miles before heading back onto moors at Denthead then cut back to Ribblehead

Re:

Ribblehead Round Sunday 17th May

If anyone is interested in joining us were starting from the station pub at Ribblehead in the Yorkshire Dales on Sunday @ 9:30ish

Probably 20ish miles mostly off road/singletrack/doubletrack etc

This is NOT our monthly Retro ride but everyone is welcome to join us...

Re:

9.30 ish might be better if we do the longer of the 2 options , Station Inn do cooked breakfasts too (that's what I'm having ) but it should be an interesting and very scenic ride whichever we choose.
Matthew

Re: Ribblehead Round Sunday 17th May

If I'd known a week ago I would have joined you. Have a good ride :)

Not ridden around there, so looking forward to the sunny pictures.

Re: Ribblehead Round Sunday 17th May

FluffyChicken":2irbdi1c said:
If I'd known a week ago I would have joined you. Have a good ride :)

Not ridden around there, so looking forward to the sunny pictures.

Sorry Ben we only decided yesterday, as the Lakes ride was postponed.

Ok chaps all packed and ready for the off.. will see you in the car park tonight (that sounds a bit dodgy :LOL: )

cheers kaya

Re:

Great weekend with bbq beer n mates , long rocky downhills , steep orrible uphills and a bloody howling gale , roll on the next one

Re:

With the Lakes ride postponed a few hardy fools decided to head for the Dales to reccie Ribblehead for future rides/events,

And what a weekend it was with BBQ's, Beers and Big hills, with a bit of a draft as I heard it referred too (Slight understatement)

My idea was to give the new van a trial run out with an overnight stop and a ride on Sunday, Matthew and Stu were to be my companions for the the weekend.
Matthew was the route planner and he came up with two stunner's a 24 miler and a 16 miler, but it was the weather that was going
to make the final decision on our route.

We met in the Station inn car park at Ribblehead it was also going to be our camp-site for the nite, the BBQ was lit as soon as the
predicted showers past...

Patiently they wait...

Carp Views

Ribblehead Station

Ribblehead Viaduct

Fed and watered it was time for the pub and to find out what the weather had in store for us....

40mph Winds with heavy showers around lunch time, not the most inspiring forecast to go riding in
but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Sunday Morning and we're having breakfast in the pub and its a bit draughty out side (25-40mph winds) so we
decide to ride the short route as its a bit more sheltered.

After a bit of panicking I finally find my riding shoes and we set off into a fierce head wind, this is a beautiful part of the country
with some fantastic riding so I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story...

Ps Did I mention the steep up-hills an fantastic down-hills ;)

One of many

Follow that man

Under a cloud

Water Falls

Pushing through the pain

Secret church

Natural or Man made

Tunnel Vision

Old Iron

Going up ?

Gimme shelter

After this point it was mostly down hill so no more pics but lots of grins at the bottom and then a short ride back to the pub.

Here's a link to the rest of my pics... http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/kaya_ ... ad%20Round

Thanks for looking and this is a area that we will be visiting again and soon I hope...

cheers kaya

Back