retromodding, previously Alpinestars Cro-Mega done page 3

Re:

I haven't treid how big I can go, but I'm prety sure a 2.1 tyre won't fit. I will fit 1.5 gravel tyres they have enough clearance.

Re:

First pic came in :D , all changes have been made. Still a bit rough but the frame builder is going to clean up a bit more and then I can pick it up.

Re: retromodding, previously Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX

Found some time to pick up the frame last week, I've been busy with the floor (see picture, hope you like it, it was a lot of work) so had to wait till that was finished. And as you can see I used photobucket before.... I now decided to just resize them an upload.

Attachments

• belt drive.jpg
    belt drive.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 730
  • excenter.jpg
    excenter.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 729
  • disc adapter.jpg
    disc adapter.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 730
  • bosses.jpg
    bosses.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 729
  • cro_mega_1.jpg
    cro_mega_1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 729
Re: retromodding, previously Alpinestars Cro-Mega photos added

Frame is stripped and ready for paint. Looks like this is gonna be finished in time :cool:

Attachments

• stripped.jpg
    stripped.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 669
Re:

Looking great.

Can't wait until the finished bike.

al. :cool:

Re: retromodding, previously Alpinestars Cro-Mega photos added

Great, I can see the pictures again. Very nice project. What size frame is this, what fork are you going to use and who's going to do the painting?

PS floor looks very nice aswell. I can imagine that has taken up some time!

Re:

I never expected this much attention to this frankenbike project, thanks all for watching and the positive comments.

@Ferry, I forgot to take pictures of the fork. It's a Onza tuff guy steel straight blade, think it is rebadged Tange big fork by the looks of it. Paint is... Hamerite. This started a a simple commuter build that got too pricy and I have painted my last few utility bikes with it, so this one will also get the same treatment. Black it is, all black.

Back