Retrobike Roadseries 2014: Cheddar (Aftermath)

bugloss":1kn5jd0k said:
Well, that's encouraging that nobody had any gripes.

Thanks for turning up everyone and making a great day of it and you never know there may be an informal version, with a few adjustments, later in the year when Cheddar goes back to normal.

Can I just say it wasn't hilly enough :D

bugloss":3j5fxpti said:
when Cheddar goes back to normal.
I'm not sure quite what qualifies for normal in Cheddar.

When I rode through late Sunday afternoon, it was packed full of oriental tourists. :shock:

Hey, if you rode through Sunday afternoon why didn't you ride through Saturday morning with us old farts??? Hmmm, come on out with it :D

Doh! :facepalm: saw who you were Neil. Note to self: put glasses on before reading post :roll:

As I said in my PM, you young guns have a capacity for distance and altitude that I cannot presently hope to match. :mrgreen: But I was inspired to go a climb Burrington Combe for the first time.

Run something similar in late summer or autumn, and I'll be along.

As a side note, the manager at my LBS was talking today about 'attacking the climb' :shock: I don't attack, I survive.... just. :oops:

NeilM":14qrl7bi said:
As a side note, the manager at my LBS was talking today about 'attacking the climb' :

Is that before or after he gets out of bed ?

Hoping to do a later in the year one as well as I can't make it to the RB road series all the time and I'm in Swindon once a month. I'll let Cheddar calm down first.

See my edit ☝︎

See having rubbish brakes works wonders according to Strava I descended cheddar gorge 233rd out of 2112 :shock: :shock: shame can say the same for going back up!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

daj":139c0vyb said:
See having rubbish brakes works wonders according to Strava I descended cheddar gorge 233rd out of 2112 :shock: :shock: shame can say the same for going back up!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So come on then cough it up. Where did you place on the ascent?

grumpycommuter":2pul113v said:
daj":2pul113v said:

Well thats unfair me and the Bristol chap (or Chris) stopped and watched the climbers on the Gorge!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

grumpycommuter":2yxh8169 said:
daj":2yxh8169 said:

His brake started to work of its own free will and suddenly jammed on during the ascent.......Don't ya know? ;)

I forgot about this photo

Grumpycommuter getting buzzed by bugloss :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 609
Back