Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilt's Lemond

• Winky's Raleigh Dyna-Tech Diablo DX

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an incredible result. So close but just not enough. I'm absolutely chuffed with the number of votes that the SAB got and I would like to thank each and every one of you.
Congratulations to my good friend Bas, there could not be a more worthy champion, bike and owner fully deserve the crown.
In the end it came down to just a single vote and I have no regrets when I tell you that my vote went the way of the Serotta! What sweet irony :LOL:

Some fantastic looking machines this year- every one worthy of inclusion, there were some amazing machines that didn't even make the cut such is the quality that RB members are putting out. With some amazing bikes already coming out of the woodwork in 2009 I think it is set to be another vintage year- I look forward to having another crack at the title. This time maybe I have one vote more! :D

Thanks again you guys and enjoy your new crown Bas.

Si

Congrats Bas. Deserved winner.

Personally I find that overall the competition result doesn't spot on reflect the actual quality of bikes, but more explicitely the way Retrobikers appreciate their bikes. Subtle difference, but I feel the need to put everything in the right perspective. For example I can't find a reasonable explanation inside the bike why 'roons Billy only generated 5 votes. Can think that with a few more great entries. I bet the other forums will be making fun of us again ;)

But in the end they all wish they were Retrobike.

Congratulations Defiant a very worthy winner. Some fantastic bikes all worth of mention and nomination.

Thanks for all the kind words guys,..

I emailed Russ from Serotta to inform them that did a great job restoring the frame and that the credits are for them.
Unfortunately Russ was no longer working there so somebody else emailed me back ;)

Hello Bas;

Thank you for the great news!

I’m sorry to say that Russ is no longer with the company, returning to full time duty in the National Guard. I will pass this on….

Kind regards,
Ben Serotta

second email few minutes later ;

Bas;

Perhaps it is little known, but at the time the Fat City Shockabilly was in production, it was built by the same crew that built the ATX. For a few years, Serotta and Fat City were one production facility operating as Serotta/Fat City LLC.

Ben

if you ask me,..very cool,..!
It is like emailing Ferrari and getting a reply from Enzo ;)

Oooo look, people are still voting- it's a dead heat! :LOL: :LOL:

Shut the voting down John, it's just cruel. :cry:

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back