Retro "Super" bikes

The Ken":1x8it85l said:
Jonny O' Yeti full sus concept from around 91

Zap_Omara1ws.jpg

johnnyobike.jpg

that's the baby, I've got a pic in MBUK on my desk dream bike bak then along with the softtail e-stay merlin

Are we talking British or American rarities?,there's bound to be more American bikes given that the market numbers are far larger
Sorry i dont know enough about mbt history to contribute ,cos im too young

It is just me or has the 'Jonny O' bike at the top got a extra tube beneath the seat tube/shock mount junction? (with the MBA sticker on)
Probably a good idea if it has because the thing looks like it might very well snap in two right there! ;)

I do love this bike, especially the top picture, it looks so 'factory' with the odd assortment of parts, colours and stickers.

Pickle":1set5hx0 said:
Formula One carbon MTB for me please :cool:

dsc01643_236.jpg

I was going to say this as well!

Didn't they make a full susser for Deb Murrell to go downhilling on? I'm sure it appears on my '92 BMBF tape along with a visit to the factory.

MikeD":r5cbfzjx said:
There was an FS one, yes. They also added brakes at some point :)
The one in the pic is obviously the DH one then, who needs brakes anyway, they only slow you down! :twisted:

For me, it has to be the extended seat tube Ritchey. Way ahead of the current carbon extended seat tube bikes, only in steel and a Ritchey :cool:
I've got a dream of building a custom in a similar style in tribute. One day..... ;)

Back