Retro Style Meets Latest Technology with Ringle Style Cage

martybmw3

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I have recently set up a new company to supply bike parts made using 3D printing technology, this has been my day job for the past 12 years and decided it was time to bring it to the bike world. My first few components are now ready for sale. The first part i designed was water bottle cage based on the old Ringle cages, i loved this design and was sad to see it go so I have brought it back to life. The cages are fully custom made and can be modified to carry almost any text that you would like and also available in wide range of colours. The picture attached shows a mock up for my local club but the text and colour can be changed to suit.

For details of other 3d printed items such a iphone4 cases and garmin mounts please visit the racewaredirect website.

Attachments

• NRC-Cage.jpg
    NRC-Cage.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,098
Nice looking cage and idea. I'm no expert on this 3d printing, but after taking a look at your site and seeing the garmin mounts, it got me thinking about whether you could create a nice thumbie mount, as the clamps etc could be taken directly from the garmin design, you just need to add a cable stop.

How strong is the material that you make these items from?

For everyones reference, a pic of the garmin mount:

4565928109_103x102.jpg

Thumbie Mounts

Hi,

The material is strong and I can provide data sheets if required. I would be more than happy to produce a thumbie mount for someone to try but i would need a hand with the design as i think my old xt units are long gone. The beauty with my process is there is no limit on quantity so i can do 1off or 1000 off and makes little difference once the cad is done.

Martyn

Hi Marty,

Do you have finished examples available?

Where is it made of?

Uk-made bottle cage.

I need one of these!

Correction. Custom logos. My shop might want a whole bunch of these, depending on price.....

Send me a PM.

I'm sure if you did these in a couple of colours and stuck a Retrobike logo on them you'd shift a load on here.

A mount for the Garmin Oregon series would be also nice - the original one is wobbling around because it is only attached with some cable straps

Great ideas, loving the 'New-meets-Old' concept, long overdue in some ways, anyway bottle cages look great, have sent a PM :) Look forward to a reply,

Jussa :)

You might want to run it past John if you want to sell trade stuff on here - even more so if the RetroBike logo may be used as it is his site. :D

interesting.

(Assuming I understand what 3D printing is) Why does this need to be 3D printed? Surely this part can be made by stamping and bending a piece of aluminium sheet? It is hardly a complex shape and I reckon can be done at home without special tools.

sorry if I am criticising your great idea but it does seem an overkill.

A cheap DIY version of this would be to take a coke can and a pair of some scissors. :LOL:

BTW I'd be interested in a linky to the site ; is it www.newbyfoundries.co.uk ?

Back