Retro Saracen Transverse Competition Hydrotech - Large

Miitch

Retro Newbie
Vintage/Retro Saracen Men's Mountain Bike - Large - £175

Top tube: 21"
Seat tube: 19.5"

Very fun and very cool, but I just don't have the space for it at the moment.
The bike is on Pedal Room if you want to check out the full details - https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/saracen- ... tech-36303
The front mech and inner and outer chainrings were completely toasted so have been removed, it's a 1x setup at the moment.

The hydraulic rim brakes have been bled recently so work better than most modern V brakes and the gear cable and housing was replaced so that functions as it should too.
Very fun and very cool bike - I'm 6' and it fits me good!
I'll endeavour to add further pictures when I get home.

From Saracen's 1991 MTB Catalogue: "THE TRANSVERSE COMPETITION HYDROTECH. The benefits of elevated chainstays are now well established among serious competition riders. Add to that Magura Hydraulics, a competition wheel package, Shimano Deore DX drive train and gear system with over bar shifting and you've got a "ready to race" machine at a price that will make it a top seller."

Frame:
Elevated Chainstay Frame in Tange Eliptical Profile Chromoly Lite Double Butted Oversize Tubing

Fork/Headset:
Super Max Drive Chromoly Lite Oversize - Tioga Avenger Lite

Crankset/Bottom Bracket:
Shimano Deore DX with just 1 Ring - Special Black Finish- Shimano Deore DX, with Sealed Gator

Drivetrain/Cog/Chainring/Chain:
Shimano Deore DX - Shimano Deore DX 7spd

Derailleurs/Shifters:
Shimano Deore DX - Shimano Deore DX Thumb Shifters

Handlebars/Stem:
Saracen Max Bulge Super Lite Alloy Black Annodised 520mm with Steer Horns - Saracen Special Profile Chromoloy

Saddle/Seatpost:
Saracen Leather Comfort System Gel - Saracen Micro Adjust Black Finish

Brakes:
Magura Hydraulic Brakes with Quick Release / Magura 2 Finger Hydraulic Levers

Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Saracen Double Skinned Hard Black Anodised - Shimano Deore LX QR - Geax Barromarathon

Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Saracen Double Skinned Hard Black Anodised - Shimano Deore LX QR - Geax Barromarathon

Don't hesitate to ask any questions - grab yourself a piece of history!

Happy to post it within the UK - pop me a message and we can sort shipping out then :~)

Attachments

• 446E2CAB-6EF3-4550-A305-714062D7F03B.jpeg
    446E2CAB-6EF3-4550-A305-714062D7F03B.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 426
  • 2DBC6E47-6B7C-4490-9BD2-A927F25C1188.jpeg
    2DBC6E47-6B7C-4490-9BD2-A927F25C1188.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 426
Re:

Hi

Reaaallly late response to this (just found through google images!) ... don't suppose you still have it???

Latest posts

Back