Retro model trains, anyone?

Thanks for the replies, its been suggested that its modelled on a Claud Hamilton loco, got an expert checking it out after Christmas for insurance valuation, meanwhile here's a pic of the builder [taken in the early 60s] :cool:

Deltic engine, triple crankshaft, amazing engineering and noise. Used in motor torpedo boats as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,755
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,755
Dale cannon":1p454gcf said:
Deltic engine, triple crankshaft, amazing engineering and noise. Used in motor torpedo boats as well.
Damn you Dale - this is just the kind of thing that gets me on Wikipedia instead of doing my job! ;). Three V12s bolted together is the best way I can get my simple mind around this.

Regards

Exeter Man":1eqbfbjy said:
Dale cannon":1eqbfbjy said:
Damn you Dale - this is just the kind of thing that gets me on Wikipedia instead of doing my job! ;). Three V12s bolted together is the best way I can get my simple mind around this.

Regards

I remember seeing a miniature one on the internet somewhere that a guy had built in his shed!

Re:

Dusting off this thread after a long gap; thanks to a house move, work and cyclocross racing progress has been slow, but I do have something approaching a recognisable model railway to display my rolling stock on now. Tank loco is a heavily modified Wrenn one, the diesel unit is a more modern Hornby effort with a few tweaks. Signalbox in the background is built from bits of one I owned as a 10 year old!

The weeds and the concrete signal cable ducts were as fiddly to work on as they look!

David

Attachments

• Photo0014.jpg
    Photo0014.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 2,279
Re:

Hi David, nice set up, toying with the idea of moving mine on, do you think it would be better to sell complete or seperates? :cool:

Back