Retro Camera

i believe in fixies":16a4mlcs said:
Love the RZ WU, I've got the RB with a smattering of lenses, they'll fit the RZ (fully manual only) if you ever need a loaner ;)

ooohh, now you've said it....:)

am after a 50mm....... ;)

:D

If we're going to a nerdy tripod conversation.....

only got the one now...a Manfrotto monster but in cool Vietnam army drab green (or wildlife green if you go by the catalogue :roll: )

i believe in fixies":25xrxt4r said:
Mr Panda":25xrxt4r said:
Help me .......I'm currently trying to avoid buying a Benbo tripod but fear the worst will happen, to be followed by a Grand Opening of my Box of Olde Pentaxes :shock:

God, please don't buy a Benbo, they are the very contrivance of satan himself on a particularly mean day. You will end up with all your camera equipment on the floor and you will be sitting beside it weeping into your hands mourning it.

Tripods in the collection today:
Gitzo carbon with Foba head
Linhoff with Linhoff head
Manfrotto with Arca Swiss head

Please, please, please, please don't buy a Benbo, they look like a good idea but they really aren't.

I have an old Linhoff (Hilda Ogden) but the Benbo (Halle Berry) just pulls me under the waves, all the time,,,,,,aaaaarrrrrrgh :mrgreen:

The Ken":2esxcdua said:
I've still got my Pentax MX and 3 lenses - it's battle scarred from traveling but still works fine. I bought it for college... 21 years ago now.

If you have a 40mm pancake for sale i'd be interested :D

I'm afraid not Panda, I have a standard Asahi 50 a 70-110 zoom (which is great for portraits and a cheap but good miranda 80-300 zoom which is a lot better quality than I thought it would be. I might let the whole lot go, but I am unlikely to break up unless someone offers good money for the lenses.

Strangely last year I would have sold the lot for next to nothing. Times change and I'm glad I didn't.

Top choice Wu – you'll certainly want to dig out the tripod though, those things weigh a ton…

Nothing quite like developing your own stuff (or trying to load 120 onto a developing reel in the pitch black – makes 35mm seem like kitten play)

Picked up an old Mamaya C3 TLR a few years back after switching to digital and flogging all my old Bronica kit. Have to say the optics are exceptional. I've got a fairly battered 55mm (good glass though) and a 105mm. Love the way it forces you to stop and think more, especially with closeup stuff where you have to account for the offset between the viewing and taking lens.

And the best bit by far is panning the camera and watching the image move the wrong way i the viewfinder :LOL: Still cracks me up.

I teach evening classes in photography at my local college. We still use B&W film and a darkroom as part of the course, although it's mostly digital, alot of the students love the feeling of being a 'proper' photographer.

Later on in the course we'll be making some pin-hole cameras.

. . . . . and loading 120 is a doddle compared to 10x8 negs. There a dam nightmare! Print well though!

g_baz":2zx1d29f said:
. . . . . and loading 120 is a doddle compared to 10x8 negs. There a dam nightmare! Print well though!

Hmmmm, Large format is something I'd love to try out at some point, but the kit is a bit too rich for me to be honest.

Back