Retro bikes from the IAA Mobility show 2021

You would think the marin owner could possibly have read the frame number at some point! Also its got a 1 1/8" headset.

Here you go, you will be able to sleep tonight now. Just don't look too closely at the tyres. Not had a chance to change them yet.

Oh yes i remember now.....it did start a bit like that.....in errrr 89...wow i must be old!

Attachments

• 20210907_090133.jpg
    20210907_090133.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
You would think the marin owner could possibly have read the frame number at some point! Also its got a 1 1/8" headset.
If I do remember right, all Marin bikes had been from Marin (company) itself, so also the Stumpi was from Specialized.

Well that really dont surprise me one bit. I wrote to them in my quest for the definitive answer to frame numbers and gave them 2 or 3 pre 91 numbers to ask if there was any more info other than the year contained in it.......

The reply was " we are sorry but that's not a marin frame number, you need to check with the manufacturer " :LOL::eek::eek:

Sadly one was off the bike above, which i bought new in 89.....so im pretty sure it is.....

So the fact they cant tell their own bikes apart is no great shocker.

Back