Restoring the redness to IRC redwall tyres ... anyone? DONE

Re: Restoring the redness to IRC redwall tyres ... anyone?

There is a rubbery type of spray paint that js available in red. I got some in blue to make my land rover radiator hosrs liok like sikicone ones, which they do but sadly the suface it quite good at picking up dirt and hokding it so not sure it wilk be successful on sidr walks, plus the palaver of masking the tyre.

Update:

I finally got around to experimenting with a few inks from an artist materials store. They were about $11 each. I bought three and did a test patch for each on an old knackered tyre. When dry, I chose the one I liked the look of and treated the other two tyres. I mixed the ink (pictured) 50/50 with water, applied it with a half inch wide brush, and then went over it with a damp sponge to kind of 'bleed' it in.

I'm sure with further experimentation I could match the colour exactly, but it's close enough for me - and it'll look better when it's worn in a little.

Attachments

• IRC%2003.jpg
    IRC%2003.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 513
  • IRC%2002.jpg
    IRC%2002.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IRC%2001.jpg
    IRC%2001.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 513
Re:

I was just looking for this last weekend but couldn't find anything on the forum. Thanks for sharing I'm gonna try this as well. Did you use a brush to sply?

Bart

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hey KDM,

Yep, that should do it.

I reckon the lighter brown and tan colours might also be good for reviving the sides of amberwall tyres. I've yet to try it.

Re:

I've used it on plenty of leather car seat renovations with pretty good results. Pretty flexible and can take heavy loads of use.

Never used it on a tyre yet, though I am too tight to spend beyond £40 a pair a tyres :D I'd probably try it on the most shagged pair of tyres you have first before you try it on pricey ones

Back