restored overbury mountain bike . 29 3/4 stand over

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
This was initially restored for my daughter and had only been finished a couple of weeks when good lady wife decided to part with her Kona explosive.After a bit of family negotiation daughter now has the kona and the overbury is now surplus. As it was going to be for said daughter the restoration work was comprehensive and carried out to a very high standard indeed.
First the frame was shot blasted/checked over and re sprayed by Chris Marshall the frame builder. All the tubes were then wax oiled internally .The chainset ( round rings ) and both mechs and hubs are deore dx. The hubs were fitted with industrial stainless bearings from new and are very smooth. They were re greased at re build.The brakes were new at re build and are deore v brakes with avid levers. The suspension seat pin/ bottom bracket and n.o.s. alloy girvin flex stem were also new at that point. Gear changers are xt thumb shifters. Pedals are also xt and they were the only bit that did not get a service . They are however still smooth .The power grips have seen better days allthough there is still plenty of life left in them yet.All the cables are new stainless and the outers are also new. I dont know what the tubeset is but believed to be Columbus. Not superlight but a quality fillet brazed hand built frame. Sizes are. b/b centre to top cross bar16" plus a 2" seat tube extension. Stand over height at centre of top tube is 29 3/4 " Top tube slopes.Top tube is 21 1/4 c-c. The bike handles superbly. corners as if on rails. Probably the result of being hand built by a good builder.The bike is ready to ride away. Everything works exactly as it should. Two very small touched in paint chips otherwise as new.I have matching touch in paint if required.Looking for £ 270 for it plus whatever a carrier may charge me if it cannot be collected ( Harrogate area of Yorkshire )
Pay pal gift or cleared cheque please if you would like it. Now the hard bit. Am going to try and upload photos but if it does not work then please pm me and I will send them direct

Regards
Peter

Back