Replica Breezer MK1 custom built

biglev

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
My mk1 Breezer. replica:

p4pb9367193.jpg

Frame: Breezer replica, culumbus straight gauge gara tubing. campag dropouts fillet brazed. Argos paint
Fork:Breezer crown copy, cnc en24 cromo crown and 531 legs with campag drop outs.
Headset: tange falcon
Stem: cinelli
Handlebar: sakae
Grips: muchroom
Brakes: Mafac
Brake Pads: mafac leather
Brake Cables: jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: mafac
Brake Levers:Magura moto
Shifters: Suntour mighty
Front Derailleur: Shimano 600
Rear Derailleur:Shimano 600
Derailleur Cables:Jagwire
Cassette:Shimano 600
Chain:Sedis
Cranks: TA 170
Chainrings:46, 34
Chainring bolts:Ta
Bottom Bracket:Xt + Custom axle
Pedals:MKS
Hub Skewers:Campag front
Rims:Araya
Hubs: Phil wood
Nipples: DT
Spokes:Alpina
Tyres:Schwables
Tubes:Schwables
Saddle: Brooks b72
Seatpost: Shimano 600
Seatpost Binder: Suntour (campag copy)

£900 posted (uk)
It took a year to make and cost me way more that the price as the parts are hard to find and cost premium prices. The parts, tools machine shop time and pro paint.

I believe according to The man himself that there are only three replicas in the world and the original is int he Smithsonian Museum. So the closest us mere mortals with get to this type of bike.

other picks:
p4pb9367187.jpg

p4pb9367190.jpg

p4pb9367194.jpg

p4pb9367188.jpg

p4pb9371152.jpg

all the research pics: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/biglev/album/ ... -mk1-1976/

To the uninformed and i have to say I am..what does the replica refer too and what size is it please?

The frame and fork are one off customer replicas of the original 1977 mk 1 breezer (the first mountain bike ever build, by joe breeze). The parts are parts listed are as period correct as I can find apart from the Bottom bracket as i could not get a wide axle Phil wood one).

this is What the man himself says about it:
Joe Breeze himself has seen this one on retro bike and said: “Yours is the third B1 replica I know of. First was in Germany in early-mid 90s, then Zürich in maybe 2000.
You’ve nailed a number of details. Maybe you’ve heard that my Breezer #1 is now in the Smithsonian. Crazy.
The making of replicas of Breezer #1: Fine by me, may they multiply. Far prefer it than nobody caring.” Joe Breeze

oh and more detaild are found on www.levybikes.com and build info Joe Breeze himself has seen this one on retro bike and said: “Yours is the third B1 replica I know of. First was in Germany in early-mid 90s, then Zürich in maybe 2000.
You’ve nailed a number of details. Maybe you’ve heard that my Breezer #1 is now in the Smithsonian. Crazy.
The making of replicas of Breezer #1: Fine by me, may they multiply. Far prefer it than nobody caring.” Joe Breeze

soz they built them big back then. I think Mr Breeze did build one small version but good luck with finding that...... :¬(

Back