Replacement bolts

Where are peoples “go to” place for getting replacements bolts, fasteners….ally, steel, Ti……or is eBay your friend…?! UK 🇬🇧 based.

Not much of a range of bike specific bolts though…Guess it’s just a case of match up using the required specs?
yer ok, shimano occasionally chucks a weird pitch in there, so does Sram for a laugh, but there really isn't much that's "bike specific", almost everything on a bike is metric standard (fine) and really theres only M3 on the adjusters of mechs, m5 as bottle cages and potentially stem bolts (and disc bolts) and M6 for everything else with the occasional M8 for fun. some companies like to use reduced head m5 on stems, because bastards.

square taper BB do have a specific bolt, I'll conceed that one.

pedals are 9/16" 20tpi, but you aren't buying that and rear derailleur is m10x1.0, again, you aren't buying that one (most QR axles are the same).

Great advice, thank you 🙏🏼
Given the amount of time I’m spending refurbing (polish + new decals) on my GT RTS Team, it warrants new bolts too…..I know that may go against the principle of keeping original hardware, but some are beyond “acceptable” reuse in my opinion.,,

For things like bottle cage bolts, then Screwfix / Toolstation M5 A2 stainless is WAY less money for an identical product.

Sometimes I can't resist Ebay for some 'specials' - I recently got a titanium 145mm M8 stem bolt (think the Ebay shop was 'Titan Classics') to replace a quill stem bolt - I don't think £18 was too pricey, it can be used across many stem iterations, and I'd probably still be able to get a tenner for it years down the line if and when I sell-up all my toot. Weighs so much less than the stock bolt.

Back