Reducing the OLN of vintage Campy hubs

fastpedaller":o1qj59n2 said:
stringfellow1946":o1qj59n2 said:
The only way to AVOID re dishing the wheel is to remove an equal amount of spacers from each side, & that might prove impossible.
So if you remove 4mm from the f/w side then the wheel will have to be re-dished.

I don't disagree with you in principal (as I'm obsessive about getting mechanicals exact), but 4mm off one side will only put the wheel 2mm off centre - which may be acceptable to the OP?

Sorry but Its not a matter of if you agree or disagree with me in principal!!
To quote you "2mm off centre - which may be acceptable to the OP" ... its still wrong. Fact!

stringfellow1946":137sn3po said:
fastpedaller":137sn3po said:
stringfellow1946":137sn3po said:
The only way to AVOID re dishing the wheel is to remove an equal amount of spacers from each side, & that might prove impossible.
So if you remove 4mm from the f/w side then the wheel will have to be re-dished.

I don't disagree with you in principal (as I'm obsessive about getting mechanicals exact), but 4mm off one side will only put the wheel 2mm off centre - which may be acceptable to the OP?

Sorry but Its not a matter of if you agree or disagree with me in principal!!
To quote you "2mm off centre - which may be acceptable to the OP" ... its still wrong. Fact!

Ok, I don't intend to become a keyboard warrior, but you did say

It's easy to avoid redishing the wheel by just not doing it! It's easy to be pedantic, but it's nicer to help the OP by giving him the options. I won't comment on this one again.

Bitd if we were sawing off a bit of axle we screwed an old nut to where we wanted to cut and used that as a guide so the saw blade didn't slip, screwed it on a bit more so that he edges of the cut could be smoothed with a file then the old nut unscrewed to remove any tiny burrs.

If that makes any sense lol

Shaun

It turns out there's a 2mm washer on each side at the moment, so removing this will solve the problem, except perhaps for the need to cut the axle down but a few mm.

Back