REDUCED early-70's Legnano 52cm Frame, Original & serviced

mjw1988

Dirt Disciple
A good example of an early 1970's (1969-1974) Legnano.
Images here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130544991 ... 0717512793

Showcasing the signature Legnano green with hand painted red outlining the bike has been carefully cleaned and restored as can be seen in the photos.

The frame has it's original paint and decals which show wear commensurate with age whilst the remaining components show little to no use. All components have been cleaned and polished with bearings checked and re-greased to provide a fully functional piece.

A fine example of this legendary bike brand.

Size: 52cm c-c, for the smaller individual, probably 5'6" max, or simply for display. I'm 6" and it feels too small for me.

Features include:

•52cm steel Legnano frame with original paint and decals.
•Schierano stem and bars (polished), bars have new red cloth bar tape to match original.
•Ofmega headset (cleaned and serviced, polished)
•Universal Mignon brakes and brake levers. Original brake outer cables. Polished
•Legnano front and rear hubs with Ambrosio rims. Come with Pneumatic Clement tubular tyres with Shrader valves. Good early period correct tyres. 24" wheels. Polished
•Omega Bottom Bracket with Legnano branded cranks. Lovely circular design. Polished
•Original Chain, cleaned
•Campagnolo Valentino Extra rear derailleur. Excellent condition. Polished and serviced. Original cable protector. 5-speed hub.
•Huret band on shifter. Polished & serviced.
•Pedals can be provided. Unknown brand and not in great condition. Check photos.
•Throughout are nice Legnano branded details such as the septets clamp and bar end plugs.

Stamped Emilio Bozzi Milano, not a later Bianchi version. The Valentino derailleur and this stamp help date to between 1969-1974.

Please note: Selling with original brake and gear cables. The brake cables seem in good condition but the gear cable may require changing in the future as tension cannot be guaranteed.

I also do not have a shrader valve pump, as such cannot pump up the tyres! So currently not suited to riding away...

Bike is in Peckham, London but can be brought into City / Shoreditch if needed.

Price WAS £450

REDUCED TO £350!!
Need to sell

Re: early-70's Legnano 52cm Frame, Original parts & serviced

no pm received yet? unless it takes a while to come through? this is the first thing I've sold on this so not sure

Re:

Against my better judgement my wife has passed on this Italian classic as she has declared her love for a steel British bike!
Good luck finding a home for a beautiful bike
Brian

BUMP - Please note I am willing to listen to offers!

If it is a quality Legnano built with Reynolds 531, shouldn't it have Campagnolo dropouts?

It's not an Olympiade or Gran Premio so doesn't have the drop outs, its not as high-end like those two and this is reflected in the asking price. This is more likely Falck than 531 too.

Back