Wanted Red Xlite brake bolts - v brake

Doesn't it say fits cantilever and v-brakes
@markoc Looking more closer at that pic, the cap is a smaller diameter at the back - so it does indeed look like there are V-brake specific caps! Explains why the ones I sent you foul the linkage.

Good luck in your search!

Last edited:
Cheers Pete. Reckon they'll be hiding with all the unicorn droppings...

Does the search for parts ever truly end? :)

Found them out if you are still looking for a set. All have the stamped x-lite bolts

20240101_155522.jpg 20240101_155533.jpg

Someone will confirm I'm sure but in my opinion you won't have an issue using v-brake type ones on canti studs. It's the other way around where the canti ones without the lip may clash with the v-brake linkage. I do have canti style ones with v-brakes on my santa cruz, but they're stood off the v-brakes themselves with a brake booster/spacers.

@MSYT - yes they are the Vbrake ones. I suspect the removable O-ring gives the option to run them with cantis and not look like they don't fit properly. They should work fine.

The red cap itself is (I believe) the same for both just with a milled indent to clear the V-Brake mechanism.

@MSYT - yes they are the Vbrake ones. I suspect the removable O-ring gives the option to run them with cantis and not look like they don't fit properly. They should work fine.

The red cap itself is (I believe) the same for both just with a milled indent to clear the V-Brake mechanism.

Gotya! Cheers!

Back