Recommendation for replacement fork for Pace RC38

stanno

Dirt Disciple
My re-issue Orange Prestige 2008 is in need of new forks. The handlebar lockout on the Pace RC38 AirForce's I've had on since new stopped working no matter how I adjust it, so looking for a replacement.

19" frame 1.1/8 straight steerer with 26" wheelset. I'd like lockout (preferably remote but OK if not). Just for regular off-road stuff - no hard trails or jumping.

Any suggestions gratefully received (and suggestions if would 27.5's would work).

Have you written off the pace? Fork English wil be able to service them if you have been happy with them. I can't remember exactly how the lockout works on them, but from experience, the lockout will not work if the oil level is too low. It may just need an oil top up.

If you are after a different set of forks, most would say pace suit an orange, but if you want a change, I've never had any issues with Reba forks. Well I say never, that wouldn't be totally true, they need servicing every now and again but have longer official service intervals than fox, imho harder wearing uppers, nice and light, and pretty darned plush. Sid's if you want to go a little bit lighter.

Keeping it in the pace family, DT Swiss?

Thanks for that. Yes - I'd like to get the 38's working if at all possible. Everything seems fine apart from the remote lockout,
Would you suggest Fork English rather than Pace for a service?

Fork English is a member on here called Tim, username justbackdated. He used to work for pace and has always done a great job on any pace fork I've needed work doing to. He even built me a custom 24 inch rc31 for a project.

I've never sent a fork to pace so can't comment from experience. They should know their way around their own forks though.

Did you sort your fork? I have a pace rc38 disc brake lock out which was fully serviced by Tim including new decals. I don’t currently have a need for it, so may sell if you need one.

Did you sort your fork? I have a pace rc38 disc brake lock out which was fully serviced by Tim including new decals. I don’t currently have a need for it, so may sell if you need one.
Got sorted in the end. Pace did a full service and working great now. (I'll use Tim next time - didn't get the info until I'd sent them off to Pace).

Thanks for the offer!

Back