Rebas Remote lock not returning.

Hmmm, not sure about the dryness thing, going to give mine a good look over.

Question: Can the dial be unscrewed for service, or will there be springs and all sorts?

From another post on another forum, there is no spring/pull back in the actual bar leaver, its all done by adjuster on the fork, so goin to check thats clean, then move back to the poploc, which annoyingly can not be removed from the bars easily!!!

Right, so far changed the cable inner, then the outer, then removed and cleaed the dial etc, nothing has worked so far.

As stated above and on countless threads on various forums it seems the return spring may be to blame.

So two options, 1/ look to replace the sping, if I can get to it and find the part, or 2/ just replace the "remote dial" with a manual dial and bin the poploc nonsense - although I do like the idea of handle bar located remote when on rough trail.

Where is the best placed to source these parts, I imagine changing the dial is easy, but not sure on changing spring(s)?

When I had my previous bike with Reba's this happened within a month of the bike being new, so took it to the shop I brought it from and the chap in the shop told me the spring is weak and it was a design fault on this model!! Mine ended up being a real pain. :evil:

my recons do/did the same thing! I found the shaft was bent! apparently taking heavy hits with the forked locked out does this to them, as a partial fix as their only fitted on a run about bike I preloaded the return spring by sticking it all back together and winding the shaft back a couple of turns before I inserted it all back in the fork leg, the lock out is a little hit and miss at times but the return action on the pop lock lever will break your finger if its in the way!

Back