Rear wheel lock nut question

Bit dark, but from the left, inwards…
The qr lever, a serrated washer (2mm), the first lock nut (8mm, which I’ve just threaded onto the right of the dropout so I don’t loose the blimming thing), dropout, thin steel washer, inner locknut
The on the DS, the mech hanger
Can you post a pic of the left side, just the bare wheel without the frame and dropout which is confusing matters for me

You're right, it's a bit dark. Looks to me that what you're calling the inner lock nut is actually the cone. Whereever the serrated washer came from you don't need it. It should be the 8mm lock nut, the thin washer and then the cone. There are different thickness Campagnolo lock nuts - you've got the #33 which is 8mm, there's another similar in design which I don't know the number of but is 6mm then there's the Nuovo Tipo 4mm thick #1283 lock nut which is a hex nut rather than a collar with cone spanner flats.
“Nuovo Tipo 4mm thick #1283”
Bingo, that’s what I need
Bet I can’t find one now :(

Or you can use 6mm nut on NDS and lose a tab washer on drive side to avoid re-dishing the wheel. Not dissimilar to my predicament of going from 126mm down to 122 to fit into 120 rear frame, hoping 2mm should not create much stress - hoping!!! as they are pencil thin stays on rather special L Ephgrave.

@Midlife - as you knowledge is far better than mine - what says you, can the tab washer (pic below) be removed from NDS, leaving a nut and cone alone? Would 2mm wider hub be a potential worry for a late 50's frame? Hubs are fixed/freehub Campagnolo Gran sport three piece, so I'm convinced they were 120mm originally anyhow....images below - NDS with tab washer/tab washer/DS with one tab washer still on and one (2mm removed)

Attachments

• 20230911_204201.jpg
    20230911_204201.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230911_183744.jpg
    20230911_183744.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230911_204235.jpg
    20230911_204235.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 0
@fiveSixteenths, sorry not trying to hijack your thread. Will also look for them nuts if I have any in my box of spares...4 or 6mm :)
No, no, is all good! @jim haseltine has kindly sent me a 4mm but in the post, so shortly I should know if this is all possible :)
By the by, the rear hub I’m trying to work through here is 120, but I only have one (as I completely forgot you were looking for one as well : (

Well, that went well
It all fits
I had to use a spacer - could do with another little locknut. I think the one @jim haseltine sent was possibly a front wheel one, but if I had two it would be perfect
Plus, the wheel sits centrally, so no re-dishing needed (mind you, could do with a little spoke tension attention lol)
Popped all the components on, just to see how things are doing. Will take some pictures soon
Thanks again all, hearts for this forum

Back