Rear mech on Orange P7 problem

I`d say its more common than you think.That assembly as its XTR is made to be as light as possible and is alloy,I had a perfectly good m950 mech with a crack in this point and I replaced it with a cheapo(but way stronger)chromed steel clamp assembly from a 200gs or something.Its a bugger with the spring and clip holding it together but easyish enough to replace.

Yeah. I killed one on a 960 mech. Rebuilt it with the parts from an old road mech. (105 I suspect) It's still doing sterling work on my hack bike

FWIW Shimano were looking to restrict the availability of XTR to teams and pro/elite riders a few years back, as the level of warranty and internet complaints was far too high. Basically tubby weekend warriors hanging XTR off their 6" trail bike and expecting it to last as long or longer than XT. As it was twice the price.

Doesn't work like that.

I reckon marketing got to work on that idea so we've now got XTR-Race and XTR-Trail. So you can get essentially an XT groupset with an XTR finish and XTR prices. And a few upgrades. (no where near enough to justify the cost difference in most cases)

No, i can't really see the point of XTR-Trail either. Other than showing everyone you can afford XTR.

mattr":2vptu9zs said:
No, i can't really see the point of XTR-Trail either. Other than showing everyone you can afford XTR.

You mean kinda like all the wealthy 'new Canadians' in Vancouver, BC, who drive around within the city confines in 5 to 700 h/power million dollar Lambos, 'Rarris, and McLarens ... never to exceed the speed limits for more than a heart-beat ... if at all.

All that fuel and resource consumption to sit in a traffic jam, and feel superior to the rest of the pleebs.

:facepalm:

Latest posts

Back