Re-making broken items

ovlov440

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
An odd one but maybe someone can help.

I have a small metal retainer made of alloy or steel that has sheared in half. It's tiny, maybe 1cmx1cmx1cm and is not repairable. I have both pieces so it could be assembled and scanned and a replacement made by CNC machining and tapping (it has an internal thread). It's part of the dropout on a Maverick DUC32 Fork.

Question is does anyone know a company who have the capabilites to handle this small job?

TIA
Ade

Attachments

• 20230322_124104.jpg
    20230322_124104.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 39
why CNC, it's a one off it could be made by hand easy enough.

granted they aren't cheap but you could just buy a set

Excellent find - believe it or not I was looking for the part number but couldn't find one just for that bit. Also good to know that they had a tendancy to crack - I was a little surprised to walk into the shed and find the pieces on the floor when the bike hadn't moved in 4 months. The price does seem steep for 2x tiny pieces (plus the inevitable shipping and customs to the UK!) Thanks for the assist.

Given the small size, these might be cheaper being 3D printed in stainless or titanium, I've got a set of these forks on my Whyte I'll look at the weekend and model it and we'll see if it's cheaper.

Given the small size, these might be cheaper being 3D printed in stainless or titanium, I've got a set of these forks on my Whyte I'll look at the weekend and model it and we'll see if it's cheaper.
If you draw it up, send me the file please, I'll see how long it would take to make by hand.

Back