RC30 refurb tips - long 1" steerers?

brokenbloodybritain

Devout Dirtbag
So may have a set of mk1 RC30s coming my way, and am looking for any refurb tips!

I guess my main question is, are replacement 1" steerers available (quick search suggests yes), and what is the longest they go to? I've a 23/24" frame id like to get these on if at all possible!

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 08.37.57.png

Thanks!

Pace still sell the steerers for them,..they now come with a crown race, but they are expensive for what they are....and pace basically rip you a new one for postage £15!

I had 2 pairs i sold in the last few years from the cave...both i had the legs re cerakoted after polishing out any damage and corrosion. The crown i just polished and replaced the bolts.

Pace still sell the steerers for them,..they now come with a crown race, but they are expensive for what they are....and pace basically rip you a new one for postage £15!

I had 2 pairs i sold in the last few years from the cave...both i had the legs re cerakoted after polishing out any damage and corrosion. The crown i just polished and replaced the bolts.

Any disassembly tips? Guessing everything should just pull/tap out if I’m lucky?

4 bolt - undo.
Pull rest out ;-)

You may need to back bolt it, i.e. put a bit of metal in the 'slot' the bolt pulls together, then stick the bolt in the threaded side and screw it in until it pulls it apart a bit. Makes it a bit easier.

Back