Rc 200 pre build q's

Blackers

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Ok so I've got an f5 rc 200 frame
Some of you may remember last Sept I posted a couple of pics , it has an issue with the seat tube which has a split . (Repair is in hand )

Some parts I've I acquired or had .below

Are a nice earlyish middleburn chainset . Royce dust caps
Pic below

Some magura race line ( need refurb )

A few xtr 952 bits ( probably look really out of place with the other bits)😔

Pace rc 36 but would probably move these on and get some mxcd 35s like on my p7 . / rc 45 stem 1 1/8 but happy to use a shim and some sub 130 bars ( need refinishing)

Nos xlite stubbie bar ends from lbs a few weeks ago 😁

Slight detour 🤦‍♂️
I Have xt 737 739 chainset / mechs /vs / shifters but there earmarked for the wifes clockwork build , just waiting for the frame to get back from the powder coaters and the elastomers from JD . Have got Fir rims on lx hubs , and just had the clockwork decals in purple delivered for it .
So hers is well in hand .

Back with it 🙄

The xtr stuff is a bit late date wise so will probably move it on .
Have a nos set of front onza canti in box to move on .also

But is the chainset and the magura to early ?
And will they look odd together?
I'm not going for a period correct build but would like it to look like the parts belong together.

Just curious to people's thoughts /opinions

Attachments

• 20210504_203527.jpg
    20210504_203527.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210501_103619.jpg
    20210501_103619.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210516-225407_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516-225407_Photos.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210516-225551_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516-225551_Photos.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 19
Welcome to my world, I've had this with my AMP build which is also 95 model year. I've gone for Xt 737 & a raceface chainset
Your chainset is 1991 but loads of build had carry overs so if it works for you fit it & enjoy. If you don't use it let me know as I'd be interested in it for my next build I could maybe trade you some bits.
Your bike is all about how it rides, it's your bike & that's what's important.

Welcome to my world, I've had this with my AMP build which is also 95 model year. I've gone for Xt 737 & a raceface chainset
Your chainset is 1991 but loads of build had carry overs so if it works for you fit it & enjoy. If you don't use it let me know as I'd be interested in it for my next build I could maybe trade you some bits.
Hi thanks for the info .
1991 is square seat tube territory but I love the look of the arms and would like to put a British chainset on .even if it's not this one .
I like Xt 737 etc but depends what comes up along the way I suppose and how flush I am at the time .
I'll post a pic of the magura later and see if someone can date those maybe .

What are you planning to use for a seat post?

No idea on the seat post yet tbh ,
One that doesn't need a shim would be preferred.
Which might limit options I suppose.
Here’s what I had initially on my lads RC200 F5 before swapping it out for a dropper.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've found a more appropriate frame for the middleburn chainset .😉 20210609_153924.jpg

I’m just about to advertise a controltech Easton post in 29.4 in black
Hi thanks but I've just blown the f5 budget on the f1 🤦‍♂️ so I'll have to sell some parts I'm not going to be using and just concentrate f1 for now .

Hi thanks but I've just blown the f5 budget on the f1 🤦‍♂️ so I'll have to sell some parts I'm not going to be using and just concentrate f1 for now .
I’ve pretty much got the exact frame as you. It would have had a Royce Ti BB and a good chance an original Pace A-head stem when new. The Royce BB’s aren’t cheap

definitely suit the Middleburns and wheel wise 231 cd’s were pretty much the rim of choice. Original Pace hubs are an option but getting rarer. Brakes more than likely would have been hydraulic rim brakes either Hydrostop’s or early Racelines

whatever you decide I’m looking forward to seeing how you build it up

Back