Rather nice MBK

Re: Re:

Muddy paw":3o1zgu5a said:
sinnerman":3o1zgu5a said:
I know im due a eye test, but is that not a HI Tensile steel BSO from bitd....?

Well some cheap bikes from bitd were actually the best way for some of us to get about and are what got us hooked into mtb's in the 1st place so don't knock em till you've ridden one ..

You could have started even worse than that, and rode an Abbey Girls MTB, now that was a start even lower than a five speed maverick.

Tell me about it.....,

a Dog is still a Dog, it doesn't matter how you dress it.

legrandefromage":3iayyd82 said:
If its massed produced, you are guaranteed to be there with the snide comment.

Nothing wrong with Mass Produced LGF

sinnerman":2bkoerkl said:
Muddy paw":2bkoerkl said:
sinnerman":2bkoerkl said:
I know im due a eye test, but is that not a HI Tensile steel BSO from bitd....?

Well some cheap bikes from bitd were actually the best way for some of us to get about and are what got us hooked into mtb's in the 1st place so don't knock em till you've ridden one ..

You could have started even worse than that, and rode an Abbey Girls MTB, now that was a start even lower than a five speed maverick.

Tell me about it.....,

My 1st was from a cheap bike retailer bitd and was known as a Forrest Trail for £80 :facepalm: which after a month of riding was erm scrap :facepalm: but it was enough for me to realise i was hooked to off roading and 6 months later i was the proud owner of a 87 Muddy Fox Explorer ,,

I remember the day, my mate (a member here) had me waiting outside his house, whilst he rode his shiny new Raleigh maverick round the corner to meet me, I wont lie and say I wasn't covered in a cloud of envy...., The best I could do with my paper round money was to scrounge a rusty BSO Peugeot road bike from a drain pipe outside one of the houses on my round. It was all good, my father taught me how to do it up, I sold it, and still could only afford a Girls Abbey Mountain bike....(BSO).

Eventually I worked myself up to an Original But second hand Muddy Fox Courier, even that was a 23" frame, It was as COOL as Fcuk. It was the Only bike I could ever Wheelie, and I could for Miles....,

great days.

sinnerman":22kkssjn said:

But this isnt in the category of 'dog' - its a well built frame trying to catch the early MTB scene and should be lauded for surviving (just)

legrandefromage":1gt2jd19 said:
sinnerman":1gt2jd19 said:

But this isnt in the category of 'dog' - its a well built frame trying to catch the early MTB scene and should be lauded for surviving (just)

I cant say a bike that came as standard with a plastic chainring guide, solid axles, and (For your benefit) 70% hi tensile steel frame is something I would covet, but it does take all sorts to make a world, so to be fair to you, if its your bag, and you feel it that much, you should buy it, restore it, spend your money and love on it to bring it back to standard, so we can all laud it together.

You are the worst kind of bike snob and are nowhere near the asset to RB that you think you are. If you have nothing constructive to say please, just dont bother.

legrandefromage":2jwhno9a said:
You are the worst kind of bike snob and are nowhere near the asset to RB that you think you are. If you have nothing constructive to say please, just dont bother.

You think highly of me.... to think, I think that LGF.

I LOVE YOU TOO.

Re:

Returning some Love LGF......worlds not all bad buddy. ;)

Attachments

• With bows and Kisses....jpg
    With bows and Kisses....jpg
    43 KB · Views: 281
  • For the Bad Days.....x.jpg
    For the Bad Days.....x.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 281
Back