Rare Middleburn RS-1 "Dog Bone" chainset White Ind Ti BB

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Rare Middleburn RS-1 chainset
This will be one of the lightest triple Chainset you can source, probably the lightest, Retro or modern, both cranks, with all rings bolts and extractors weigh a Sveldt 410g, add the Ti BB and at 570g that's lighter than a lot of modern Carbon road double cranks.
As below

Bottom bracket now sold, Chainset still available

Middleburn RS - 1 "Dog Bone" MD cranks, engraved Middleburn logo.

Near new Black rings:- Outer 2 Middleburn 42/32 inner:- Boone 22T Titanium Granny ring (Granny cost me £85 alone) Titanium self extracting bolts included
I can offer Silver rings as an option if you prefer and have silver and black and maybe blue chainring bolts also. See top picture now.
£175 posted for both Titanium Bottom bracket and chainset. Stands me at £350 so a total gift really.

Or Split £130 for the Cranks £55 for White Industries BB See pics below Or swaps for Specialized Mtb parts or small road/cx bike.
This giving them away, but I don't have a frame to go with them, maybe I ought to buy a nice Orange frame? :mrgreen:

Need:
Specialized future shox
Specialized Ahead stem Titanium sub 130mm ctc
M 900 group parts/Wheelset/mechs etc
Specialized stamped HandleBars
30.4 seatpost
CK or other silver quality headset
Anything else interesting from Specialized :D

Bonty package now swapped/sold as well as the Pace Forks.

Stunning example of a 1994/5 Santa Cruz built Bontrager Race frame in Team Orange, no cracks Dents or rust, or Chainsuck very few marks, (Gussets at every weld :D ) New decals just applied.
Sale is for frame, Titec/Bontrager Titanium seat post and Titanium Quill stem and original seat clamp. All to go together, not splitting.
Size is small as per Bontrager sizing charts.
I.E seat tube 15.0 inches CTT Top tube 21.15 CTC
Anti Chainsuck device with Ti bolts is in place.
Titanium frame brake bosses, not usual steel/sleeve type.

All the other parts are now available, as I have all I need for my next two builds, so if anyone wants to talk about a "bundle" with the frame, I can look at discounts in with the frame as a package, or if you want just the bare frame, I would look at selling the seatpost and Grammo MTB stem separately.

Middleburn RS - 1 "Dog Bone" MD cranks with New rings Outer 2 Middleburn 42/32 inner (Granny this cost me £55 alone) Boone 22T Titanium and White Industries Titanium BB with new bearings £175 posted

Pace RC 35, immaculate, with Long one inch threaded steerer, new Elastomers £130 Posted

I'm five foot six, so the frame would suit most riders from 5 foot 3 to five foot nine, depending on leg length.

These later Santa Cruz frames, had relatively tall head tubes, to give a higher riding position and stiffer front end, note even with the zero rise stem, the bars are not particularly low.

£365 posted Including Ti seatpost and stem (may seem pricey, but the Titanium post and stem cost me £155 and condition is better than most for a 20 year old frame) Also see PX/Swaps list below wanted

PM me any interest after expressing interest on here first.

Re:

Whats the length of the seatpost dare I ask :facepalm:

Its funny as the last pic the size of the frame makes it look like a 29nr

Re:

Very nice Philip :cool:

Re:

The Seat post is 350mm, just checked, there is approx. 6 inches of post still in the frame, so would come up another inch and a half safely. Personally I wouldn't put a 400mm in there, as long seat posts extended above a frame, put's a lot of strain on the seat tube clusters of frames, which is never a great idea, I've seen loads of Aluminium frames cracked in this way.

Top tubes on these are relatively long to seat tubes, as is the way with Bonty's.

The 29'r "look", could be created in part by the Python Air-B lite tyres, which were always a high volume tyre, with a tall square section, they end up when inflated, larger diameter, than a standard MTB tyre. I've had other tyres on it and it looks "more normal"

Re: Bontrager Race Small plus Pace/Middleburn

PM sent regards RC35s - thanks :)

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":1p69giqf said:
player":1p69giqf said:
Thanks for the reply, I think id need the medium size frame.

Good luck with the sale bump.

How tall are you? There was a med for sale 'on here?

Haven't seen the medium frame, I'm 5.7

Re:

Here's a link, to the other Bonty sale. The Mediums are a whole lot bigger, which is why I need a small myself. too much of a step up in size. DeKerf/Rocky Mountain and quite a few of the other US/Canadian frame builders seem to do this, jump up a lot in size from small to medium for some reason. I'm five foot six if it's any help?

Being the team issue, mine has the Titanium screw in brake bosses, not the bolt through steel sleeve type as on the Medium.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=322244&hilit=Bontrager

Back