Feedback
View
Width (total length): 585mm (23")
Bar grip diameter: 22.2mm (7/8”)
Stem camp diameter: 25.4mm (1”)
Weight (actual): 195 grams
Material: Carbon and Kevlar
Made in France, circa 1990's.

Condition: NOS, never used. Original box is missing.
Asking price: $99 USD, including worldwide shipping.
SOLD

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 607
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 602
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 604
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 608
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 609
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 609
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 608
Re: rare french carbon fiber suspension handlebar, nos

woah, never seen those before. Has anyone used these before, think i would be looking at the thin section during the ride, just waiting..

My brother who used to ride for the satellite team of Sunn was sponsored by Bikestab back in '97-'98. He managed to finish 5th Espoir in the Tour VTT with these on his bike so yes, they're trustworthy.

Re:

Very curious to try this but prolly best suited to someone 160lbs or under.

In reference to post which notices 'bikestab' may be the result of using these...

thinks....

'I wonder why I have NEVER seen any of these...' Oh, I know, because they look effing lethal and probably were A Very Bad Idea - carbon is very very strong, and you can carefully control the flex characteristics. BUT...this looks like a very thin leydown of carbon weave in one of the most stressed places on a bike, prone to highly variable loading.

Strangely, in thrashing down tree lined single track I have never thought 'I know, what I need is something which seriously decreases steering precision, shifts my centre of gravity in an unpredictable way when I hit different surfaces and rooty bits, and relies on a narrowest of narrow carbon sections to retain structural integrity....' If I had, this would be just the thing!

Interesting. Just don't get yourself bike-stabbed.

footnote - in searching for 'bikestab' I found that one has appeared on here before - one poster claims that a small section of cro-mo runs through this. Can't see that this is much more reassuring to be honest, will make for a very small-section fatigue-prone handlebar. Just the thing.

Re:

I'll take my chances :shock: Won't be ridden hard in anger..but they are Carbon Kevlar Weave which has much better fracture resistant properties than pure carbon...Trust me I know, I have snapped enough Carbon Kayak Paddle shafts in my time but never a Kevlar Carbon Weaved one!!

Back