Rare and rarerer!

Re:

Rear derailleur fitted, cables added, clamp and front derailleur adjusted, chain cut to length, just need the outer cable and then I can set up the gears and then a test ride!

DSC04561.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

Re:

Got the last bit today, the Shimano derailleur outer cable...

CADAA201-A3E7-4254-9B33-B7099DD1D8B8.jpg

...then I need to set up the gears and take it out for a test run then photos of the Swiss twins together for the first time :D

Re:

Gears all set up on the stand, rode it up and down outside my house, nothing fell off :D

We will take the Imholz twins out for a spin and a few photos of the pair I think are in order :D

Looking forward to seeing the photo's of them both together and also a ride report.
Maybe the ride report on your wife's profile?

Jamie

Re:

Weather cooled a bit so I have just taken the bike for a spin around the block to test out my handy work :D

First impression, feels lighter, tighter, rolls faster than mine! Can't be having that :D

Quiet, no rattles, all working fine. Saddle is too far forward and too high and too low at the front for me, I will adjust this to suit Mrs T on her test ride.

1978 NOS brakes work fine but the blocks squeal like a pig, I guess rubber hardens over 38 years, might see if this wears off, Mrs T says brakes are for wusses anyway :D

The shifters decided they were not tight enough and promptly slipped into second gear half way up the steepest hill, but I kept going as there were onlookers, MTFU I heard them say (well I think that's what they were thinking) :D

Couple of tweaks then it will be time to go out for the acid wifey test and some photos of the gorgeous couple (the bikes that is)

Re: FINISHED PHOTOS

We took the 'twins' out for the first test run this morning, Mrs T loved it, she said "smooth as silk! she's used to clip less pedals so found rat traps a novelty, and was entirely happy with 42/52 chainrings! :D

DSC04582.jpg

(Those are goats and sheep in the background, not lions!)

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04583.jpg

This has been a really interesting build to follow, and the finished result is superb. The two bikes look great together.

Back