Random Photo Thread

Today's photo...Non retro again :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 183
at least you got a photo in! i never take anything electronic with me, although i have been toying with the idea of putting an avocet cyclometer on the old 7 eleven bike! :cool:

rode up to wemyss bay and took the ferry to rothesay, rode to port bannatine and then up the loch striven coast to the ferry at rhubodaig (or some such heilan' sounding name). a u-ey at the end of the road and back to the port, turn right and go round bute in an anticlockwise fashion. totally stunning scenery looking out towards arran and beyond...you can't beat this place for views on a sunny day. realised that i was pushed for time in getting back to rothesay for the ferry, i gave it the full joey mcloughlin all the way back via a rain soaked farm road that had liquidized the cowshit into a slurry and caking me and the bike in said stuff! a kind of faecal version of the paris roubaix and not pleasant at all! floored it as i watched the time ticking down to 4pm, made it to the ferry for 5 minutes to the hour and the bloody ferry had the ramp up and was buggering off without me!! anyway, ms zavaroni's snack shop does fabulous bacon rolls so "two of those please, miss and a cup of tea.." and a seat in the sunshine well away from my stinking steed.

fell asleep on the ferry (christ, am i that old already??!) only to be woken up with it docking at wemyss bay amidst a torrential downpour! factory pilots on, tighten those shoes and i flew phil anderson style down the coast road back home with a nice tail wind to help kid me on that i'm a first cat rider.

god, i love this cycling caper!!

:roll:

:LOL:

rusty bodie":3dweksbn said:
at least you got a photo in! i never take anything electronic with me, although i have been toying with the idea of putting an avocet cyclometer on the old 7 eleven bike! :cool:

rode up to wemyss bay and took the ferry to rothesay, rode to port bannatine and then up the loch striven coast to the ferry at rhubodaig (or some such heilan' sounding name). a u-ey at the end of the road and back to the port, turn right and go round bute in an anticlockwise fashion. totally stunning scenery looking out towards arran and beyond...you can't beat this place for views on a sunny day. realised that i was pushed for time in getting back to rothesay for the ferry, i gave it the full joey mcloughlin all the way back via a rain soaked farm road that had liquidized the cowshit into a slurry and caking me and the bike in said stuff! a kind of faecal version of the paris roubaix and not pleasant at all! floored it as i watched the time ticking down to 4pm, made it to the ferry for 5 minutes to the hour and the bloody ferry had the ramp up and was buggering off without me!! anyway, ms zavaroni's snack shop does fabulous bacon rolls so "two of those please, miss and a cup of tea.." and a seat in the sunshine well away from my stinking steed.

fell asleep on the ferry (christ, am i that old already??!) only to be woken up with it docking at wemyss bay amidst a torrential downpour! factory pilots on, tighten those shoes and i flew phil anderson style down the coast road back home with a nice tail wind to help kid me on that i'm a first cat rider.

And where would you find an Avocet cyclometer? I used them exclusively up until the demise of the company about 10 years ago.

merlin pete":393nb09o said:
rusty bodie":393nb09o said:

And where would you find an Avocet cyclometer? I used them exclusively up until the demise of the company about 10 years ago.

I've still got mine along with possibly 3 bar mounts, wheel sensors etc. AFAIK it still works. I've even got its box - mint!

A nice 35.4 miles today and fantastic weather again

A little more retro today using the Graham Weigh

Ben Lomond to the top right of the picture behind the high rise flats, the highest mountain in this area at 3196 feet

Attachments

• Ben Lomond.JPG
    Ben Lomond.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 129
Old Ned":1y5y3wit said:
merlin pete":1y5y3wit said:
rusty bodie":1y5y3wit said:

I've still got mine along with possibly 3 bar mounts, wheel sensors etc. AFAIK it still works. I've even got its box - mint!

I may still have the mounting hardware in a box somewhere but the 45tt got wet and that was that. Dead as a dog. Too bad because it was a nice unit.

I love the pics but i cannot understand where the rain is - whereabouts in Tenerife are you?

Richard

Back