Rampon 54cm road frame+fork, Columbus EL OS

branimir

Retro Newbie
Cheers!

I have for sale a Rampon road frame, probably Columbus EL OS, original unicrown 1" threaded fork with a Ritchey Logic headset.

Top tube c-c:54cm
Seat tube c-c:54.5cm
Chainstays:400mm
Bottom bracket: Italian 70mm 36mmX24tpi
Vertical dropouts, rear wheel clearance 130mm
Front derailleur mount: braze on
Internal cable routing for rear derailleur cable
Unicrown 1" threaded fork
Suited for 700c wheels
Frame + fork + headset weight: 2599g

The frame shows signs of wear, paint chips here and there, seat tube has some paint missing due to tight rear wheel clearance, debris took the paint down etc etc. The frame and fork are not damaged, I never fell from it, it did not suffer a crash, the tubes are straight.
Headset holds firmly but I think it's not in pristine condition, though I just rode it and there was no play in the headset, it is a good candidate for replacement.

It's a classy frame, I took all the components from it and put it on a new alu/carbon bike, and this Rampon is certainly no pushover, a comfy rider, I had a Gara frame before and this one is much nicer, both handling and road feel. The frame was a bit small for me, and I had an opportunity to get a new one, so I figured a modern bicycle with threadless stems is easier to fit with a 12cm stem, I decided to scrap everything off of this one and sell the frame and fork. Chainstays are short! I could barely fit a wheel with Conti GP4000s tires in 700x25c size, so if you want to put some beefier tires, they will be very very tight, probably 1mm between tire and seat tube! Vittoria Rubino 700x25c where a bit smaller than Continentals, no probs with clearance with them. Electrical tape seen in the photos was used to hold the cyclecomputer cable in place, I had it mounted on the chainstays.

This is a photo of the bicycle while still assembled:
IMG_20140703_141209.jpg

I'm asking 120 pounds for this, shipping is included in the price, I'm from Croatia, Paypal payment of course. UK and EU countries, since Croatia is in EU shipping price is same for me if I'm sending to Austria, or UK, doesn't matter! Of course, no import duties for EU countries, regular post office, though they provide tracking number for the package. If somebody wants, I can check out the price of some courier service like DHL or similar, in case you don't trust regular post office. I am not sure about the speed of a regular post office, but the package should arrive within 7 days, at least it was that fast when I was ordering from UK to here, it all arrived within 4 to 7 working days.

I will post photos of the packaged frame before sending of course, so you know how I packaged it before sending it..

Items included:
frame
fork
headset
shimano downtube cablestoppers
unknown seatpost binder bolt

contact me through PM here, or branimirbozak(at)gmail.com, or facebook.com/branimirbozak
I had problems registering to the forums, the register script kept telling me I'm a bot heh, the ad was also on LFGSS too, but I closed the thread there.

There where some inquires about other sizes, so:

Price is either 120 quid or 150 euros (shipping included).
Sending to EU countries, if you're from outside EU, I need to check the actual shipping costs.

Back