Raleigh Triathalon 531 57cm

retrotrack

Retro Guru
Hi all,

Raleigh 531 57cm seat-tube (centre to top) and 56cm top-tube (centre to centre). Frame does have a few bit of rust here and there but nothing major. 2 very small dents on the top-tube presumably from the bars knocking back but 531 frames are tough as old boots so I'd have absolutely no problem thrashing this around. The yellow is a very light almost lemon colour but for some reason the pictures make it look faded. It isn't faded!

I purchased this bike off a local chap which was 1/3 finished. Original owner had completely stripped and cleaned the frame + forks and had the headset and BB reinstalled by our LBS. Brand-new bearing throughout the bike, everything runs butter smooth. Nothing on the bike is seized.

Wheels were taken to Bob Warner cycles (his wheels builds are the best of the best). Brand-new double-butted spokes laced onto the original Weinmann 700c rims and Shimano 105 hubs which the bike shop also stripped, replaced bearings and rebuilt. Brand-new Michelin tyres and innertubes and rim-tape were also installed.

Bike is running the original Shimano 105 groupset but sadly the lever hoods perished. Brakes have been fitted with brand-new brake pads, new cable inner and outer, all quality kit by Jagwire. Gear cables have also been replaced. Pictures show no chain but it's now running a lovely silver KMC chain. Rear mech cable routing has also been sorted. I've also put a really nice set of Cinelli Giro bar + stem. Stem is 90mm and bars are 42cm.

I've also put in a brand-new Zoom seatpost, Selle DUE saddle which is a tad slimmer than a Rolls. Surfas bar-tape and Shimano 600 tri-colour pedals.

To summarise this is a fantastic quality bike which has been stripped of every single part, rebuilt with quality parts by professional mechanics and it rides super tight and fast. Reason for sale is it's too big for me. I purchased it knowing it was too big but fancied a little project over a couple of weeks/months but I finished it in just over 2 days! I have spent quite a lot of money on this bike so now looking to sell. A serious amount of work has gone into this bike so I'd like £260 for it please or swap for something pretty and 54cm.

**rear brake cable has been flipped to the other side, chain and proper rear mech cabling have been sorted since pictures**

DSC_0555_zpsa7d1ecb9.jpg

DSC_0556_zps75d5c414.jpg

DSC_0557_zps5e5f62b5.jpg

DSC_0558_zps23cff553.jpg

DSC_0559_zps0208f0e9.jpg

DSC_0560_zps8465de02.jpg

DSC_0561_zpsee36de02.jpg

DSC_0562_zps5c9d303b.jpg

DSC_0563_zps3e9aa494.jpg

DSC_0564_zps778c6acc.jpg

DSC_0566_zpsbd22c341.jpg

Thanks

Hi Andy, not too sure on the year but I'd say late 80s?

I'm 5'10 and this fits me great so give or take a few inches either way. I'm located in Leicester

thanks

Does the frame have a dent in the top tube?

You might be better off splitting if you want to get over £200 for it.

Yes frame has a dent on the top-tube. I think the asking price is perfectly reasonable, well spec'd bike that's had a lot of work done.

Latest posts

Back