Raleigh Team Track SBDU restoration project FINISHED! 24/01

That is fantastic. Thanks for the close up pics to drool over.

By the way, what colour did Mercian use - Ferrari red enamel?

I hope you will be posting pics of your other (road) bike as you restore that, too.

David

Stunning

Thats stunning!
You have done a great job bringing it back to this standard. Really lovely.
Ride, enjoy, smile :D
Jamie

Cossington":1zgxtn22 said:
By the way, what colour did Mercian use - Ferrari red enamel?

I hope you will be posting pics of your other (road) bike as you restore that, too.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the compliments.
re paint colour Mercian used no:23 for the Red and (think it's just listed as red enamel, in fact it's a very good match for the original red colour).
If I was being picky the yellow bands are slightly too bright, but really it's fine. (no31 Canary Yellow)

I have stripped the road version down and it is currently sitting on the lounge floor! I'm not going to re-paint it as it's pretty good and all decals are fine. Only thing is the chrome to the chainstay is a little damaged, I might do something about that. I will put some pictures up when there is some decent weather to take it outside.
It needs a new saddle, I'm torn as to what to get for it. I don't find the original one too comfortable, I have generally used Flites but these are too modern. The Brooks on the track bike I find extremely comfortable, right out of the box so I might get another, I quite like the re-issued Colt but not the price tag!

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back