Raleigh SBDU 753 Dynaflite.???

vcballbat

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seems weird to have no serial number at all if it is a Raleigh? Even prototypes and one-offs from SBDU had something stamped on the BB, didn't they?

Not my area of expertise either, wonder if originalshinkicker has a view.

Never seen one in the flesh I don't think, just pics online

For example
So far as I'm aware only seven Dynaflite's are known to exist of which I have three. One of these is one of the three prototype frames that were built, the one you have pictured is also one of the three prototype frames that have no serial numbers or support gussets 👍

Thread 'RALEIGH SBDU 753 DYNAFLITE.... 'Manager Special'' https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/raleigh-sbdu-753-dynaflite-manager-special.437747/

Last edited:
So far as I'm aware only seven Dynaflite's are known to exist of which I have three. One of these is one of the three prototype frames that were built, the one you have pictured is also one of the three prototype frames that have no serial numbers or support gussets 👍

Thread 'RALEIGH SBDU 753 DYNAFLITE.... 'Manager Special'' https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/raleigh-sbdu-753-dynaflite-manager-special.437747/

I might be confusing you with originalshinkicker lol.

The gear cable routing is pretty interesting/unique – I don't think I've actually seen that before. I've also not seen aero-positioned levers on an SBDU frame, so I'm leaning heavily towards this not being a Raleigh...no idea what it actually is, mind you.

This frame looked familiar and reminded me of a complete bike with aero tubes and Reynolds decals that was on eBay last year. After a bit of digging around I've found it with the Reynolds stickers and the Speedstream decal on the seat tube. Remove the the Reynolds stickers and try and pass it on as a rare Raleigh 753 Dynaflite...tut tut 😕

Screenshot_20230913-131517.png

Latest posts

Back