Raleigh M-Trax

Now you are making me panic, when you say seat stays are off, all seems straight and checked that nothing is bent.

what do you mean seat stays are off, It is a 19" from C to T but just under 18" C to C

I found a old Brochure on here and It does look like a 1000 to me

That, but with Marzocchi Zokes instead of the rigid fork, was my first "real" mountain bike. I loved that thing (apart from the forks, which were woeful, and the crank, which I snapped...) until the day I lost control on a bit of singletrack, went a bit off piste and bent the top and down tubes :-(

Great find, and I should imagine perfect for a touring build :)

Now thats strange I was just looking at some Zokes on Ebay, Will not Be buying them then, I really hope it turns out to be a perfect touring build.

RichMTrax":3ma8useq said:
Now you are making me panic, when you say seat stays are off, all seems straight and checked that nothing is bent.

what do you mean seat stays are off, It is a 19" from C to T but just under 18" C to C

I found a old Brochure on here and It does look like a 1000 to me

no - off may be the wrong word :oops: - i meant that they seem to be joined in a different manor, as yours touches above the top tube where all the others i can find seem to touch at the same height as the top tube - may just be a different year though :roll:

EDIT - what is the first bit of you serial number - eg what letter so to find the year?

Blimey I thought it was dodgy for a minute, I have been looking at the brochure and it is dated 1995.
I will Check the serial Number tomorrow and Put it on Here see if anyone can give the correct date.

Yeah I did that when I first bought it and got really over excited, but for a touring build I think it will be perfect for me.
No speed merchant at 42 just the odd Sprint then a rest. ( slow and steady wins the race so they say). I cannot work out why people on other sites seem to think these are old tanks, I do not think it is very heavy at all. Ok no race bike, but I have felt heavier Alloy expensive New bikes.

So I will stick with the old girl and keep on polishing and adding bits when I can.

Anyway Must turn computer off as CSI is on and cannot miss that already missed Holby, But then Bikes are alot more Important.

Back