Raleigh Dynatech Endeavour - frame only

If only the Endeavour was the next size up.. Does seem a bit rich though, without the forks?
He’s got the wheelset too….for £500!
The majority of the Endeavours that have appeared all seem to be the 18" size. I'm sure there's one out there in the Dynacurve next size up. ;)
Yeah. That's the wheelset for it too....£££'s!!
The forks are not as straightforward as the straight blade/ dawes Geo max fork though.
Yes, you could cut the pannier mounts off easily but the crown detail would be harder to replicate.

Here's some comparison pics with my Odyssey
20210123_151123.jpg
Endeavour crown

20210123_151101.jpg
Odyssey crown

20210123_161808.jpg
Endeavour dropouts

20210123_151749.jpg
Odyssey dropouts

Cheers
boy"O"boy

bit steep for a glued together frame - and before anyone gets humpty, I had a voyager

View attachment 632978

Definitely steep! Bought both of mine for less than that with forks! There was another FS on Facebook market place ages ago that was missing everything and was in terrible condition ...they wanted £500 for that!

I'll just drop this here with LGF's as inspiration!
20220430_130222.jpg

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

I used to stare at it in the brochure and wasn’t sure if I hated it or quite liked it. But like Minni Riperton’s Lovin’ You, it’s niggled away at the back of my mind and I’ve ended up loving it, in an uneasy kind of way 😀

I used to stare at it in the brochure and wasn’t sure if I hated it or quite liked it. But like Minni Riperton’s Lovin’ You, it’s niggled away at the back of my mind and I’ve ended up loving it, in an uneasy kind of way 😀
That's a great love it or hate it analogy. The bird song in the background always unsettled me....possibly like the magazine ad with the flexstem that didn't fit in but just 'worked'. You know you want one! 😉

Raleigh were quite conservative at the time with their classy/classic paint schemes so the Endeavour was pretty brave. I mean Raleigh + Campag implies traditionalist appeal, not Italian-esque flamboyance!
Strange decision really for their top bike. Who were they targeting? I’d imagine they put off more potential buyers than they attracted?
- all the more distinctive and iconic because of it though… 😎

Last edited:
Back