For Sale Raleigh Dyna Tech. Titanium frame. High end specification. Details in discussion. £1100. Proceeds of sale will all go to charity.

Sorry to hear about the previous owner.

Being a Reading lad, I did a fair number of races on the RATz stomping ground in Checkendon - those fields at the top before the wooded section had a tendency to be brutal on the legs if the ground was a bit damp! Or if it was a windy day! Couldn’t wait to get into the woods! :LOL:
Actually competed in and won my first downhill race there in ‘95 so have fond memories of the RATz name.

Good luck with the sale 👍

Thanks for asking. This bike was assembled by a colleague of mine who unfortunately died far too young of cancer. Dave Richards was responsible for starting the Reading All Terrain Mountain Bike Club (RATz) in 1991. His widow gave me the bike around 12 years ago after it sat in her garage since the late 90’s with barely turning a wheel. I have only used it a handful of times as it is too big for me and, I really don’t like the handling of old school MTB’s, I enjoy looking at it more than riding it! However, I have too many bikes in the shed so it’s time to loose a few. I think I could make more money by breaking it and selling parts individually but, I would like it to stay together if possible. Money raised will go to cancer charity(s).

Did Dave Richards do any time trialling on the A4 in the mid-late 80`s? Name and town familiar in some way. Maybe Reading CC and raced at the Reading track? Maybe joined in on Farnborough and Camberley weekly chain gang?

I don’t think so. I first met him in 1991 & he never was competitive. Just liked MTB’ing. He didn’t even take part in RATz races held at Checkendon.

Sorry to hear about the previous owner.

Being a Reading lad, I did a fair number of races on the RATz stomping ground in Checkendon - those fields at the top before the wooded section had a tendency to be brutal on the legs if the ground was a bit damp! Or if it was a windy day! Couldn’t wait to get into the woods! :LOL:
Actually competed in and won my first downhill race there in ‘95 so have fond memories of the RATz name.

Good luck with the sale 👍
Good to hear that. We had many a good time at Checkendon. Back in the day the track was open all year around for members to use. We even hosted an NPS round. Was great to see the top guys in action on our track.

Back