Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Well, Last and FINAL post concerning this bike here.
Finished it at long last (took me 7 Months)

photo_copy.jpg

have been riding it a lot and this'll stay with me practically forever!

Thanks!

Thought I would add a pic of my latest steed to the best thread on the forum. Frame is from a 1994 Torus XT and has replaced the now very tired wibbly wobbly Diablo frame that I rode for 20 years.

Fantastic ride, love the forward drive that was so missing from the old Dablo frame.

Pic was taken during the first proper ride, a 48 mile loop coast ride between Southampton and Portsmouth. Will take it out on the South Downs Way soon for some real punishment to see what the frame is really like.

I am in the process of changing my bike collection around a little but I have the following collection planned

93 Dyna-Tech Diablo RS, I will use the old frame and rebuild to original spec just for nostalgia and gentile rides.
92 Dyna-Tech Quantum, 100% original spec, needs a little TLC before some gentile rides
94 Dyna-Tech Torus XT, As pic, will be replacing parts as they ware out and will try to get to the original spec.
94 M-Trax Ti1000, 95% Original spec, general use/commute bike
92 Raleigh Summit, Start of a project that shall become a touring MTB, mud guards, panniers etc.

Keep up the good work everyone

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 1,185
Hi
Wonder if any of you experts can help. I have recently aquired a Dynatech Diablo STX, small frame. I'll put up some pics next week but the question is, I would like to fit some Pace forks rc35, rc36 as the bike is not with me at the moment what length steerer tube should I be looking at.
Also what other quality short travel forks are out there that people could recommend.
Oh,before if put anything in the wanted section, if anyone has anything please let me know.
Regards
Flynny

Always wanted one of these gnarly frames so im having a go at one now. Bit of fun more than strictly period correct but DX will still theme. Great thread by the way

Ian

Attachments

• dynatech 1.JPG
    dynatech 1.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,152
Re:

Easy_Rider":25m3oa6c said:
This thread could make me very jealous and make me want to buy one :oops:
I have just found one in fairly decent nick going for 20 quid ;) going to pick it up tomorrow, only 10 mins from my house too.
Can anyone give me more info on them, are they all titanium? Worth spending money doing on?

I am buying this one tomorrow, looks in good nick from the picture, apparently the rear wheel is buckled a little but nothing major, can anybody identify the model please? Is it a good project bike?
I'm quite new to all this as I was a total bike snob until I fell in love with my 74 Raleigh 3 speed.
Any advice on getting started would be helpfull, I do have a bit of techy know how but not much, I do want to do the cytech course this year mind.

EDIT* Sorry just saw your reply, I am thinking of replacing the headset, new wheels depending on condition. Ive only got this image to go on so far but It does look fairly well looked after and for 20 quid I can't go wrong really, which is lucky as I was made redundant 2 months ago and am proper skint, this is going to be my new project and main form of transport, using the money from the sale of my Raleigh, and I might sell my Subway 8 now too, can't afford to having it lying about but I just hate selling bikes.

I have just finished restoring a Dyna-tech 600 road bike to almost original condition and am delighted with it. Can't post pics yet as files are too big so need Wifes camera with less megapixels lol. I'll be back!

Hi all, newbie here. I'm having my mid-life crisis and opted to go down the reto-mtb route. So I've just bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Dyna- ... &rt=nc

and will hopefully receive it asome stage in the next week or so. I see that it was detected on the Ebay Radar thread. It looks like it has more deterioration from transport and storage than actual riding.

Anyway, a couple of questions.

1. I'm not a hardcore biker, so I don't expect to be jumping logs and doing mad high speed descents (there aren't any in Norfolk anyway). I gather that the bonded frames had a few foibles, is there anything I need to look out for or avoid doing with it?

2. It's a Diablo DX 'Plus'. Does anyone know what the plus bit means?

Thanks in advance

Ed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back