Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Rampage":pcflu6kd said:
Anyone know why my Torus has two holes in the BB shell underneath.
One is larger than the other?

A-Drain Holes for water.

B-For Gear/Brake Cable Routeing Plastic Part.

C-For fitting the Raleigh optional Side-Stand

:)

Dynatechrider":1xnj33ya said:
This can happen if the frame is too small for the rider and a long travel fork has been installed. Moreover, it seems as if he has been ridden in this section, sitting and with loading of the front wheel.

Best regards from Mainhatten

Dynatechrider
Or, as I read earlier, when holes have been drilled in the down tube to fit a crud guard.

bikemeister2000":2in0huyo said:
I'm STILL wearing this kit !!!! :cool: :cool:

Loving it!

Bikemeister, are you still in contact with anyone working for Raleigh now?

I wanted to know whether they have any plans to resurrect the RSP division, I understand they have some "SP" Racers made of Carbon, but they're not the same, I bet they're made in China.

I also wanted to know whether they have any NOS MTrax/Dynatech/RSP frames - I wrote them a lovely eMail, no no avail, no response, not even an acknowledgement

Anyone had any issues with the full ti dyna-tech frames and headsets. I finally managed to get a headset (kore) to fit the one i bought recently, but Chris kings, FSA, WTB and a Tiso headsets were a little loose I.e. could be fitted by hand.

I'm just wondering if this is a 'feature' of the frame, or wear and tear/signs of something more sinister?

I have a hope headset fitted to my Torus frame and it wasn't loose.

But I'm sure someone else with more experience will speak up in a minute.

HELP! can someone confirm seatpost dia for Decade / MT5 is 26.4mm - tried my minty X-lite Matrix 25.4 post & matching 26.4 shim in both but there's no way it'll fit :evil:

Back