Raleigh Cronos 55cm

eightyeight

Retro Guru
Looks nice, I'd be interested but it's collection only at the other end of the country...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
These are lovely frames. They used 3Al 2.5V titanium main tubes rather than the commercially-pure Ti used on other DynaTechs. Forks and stays are 753 IIRC

Last edited:
Yeah I quite like these. It would just fit for me but on the larger size and price, currently, is good but way too far for me to collect.

Sshhhh, I’m quietly winning this bike so I can add another next to mine. If I do win, then C Record will adorn it rather than Dura Ace (which is on my current one).

Did you 'win' looks like it was a good price. 👍
Yeah, it’s a decent price for essentially just the frame and forks. The components will be split and sold off as I’ve no use for them. I’ve been waiting for this size frame to appear for many, many years, and fortunately this seems to have survived quite well with its original al paint and decals.
The last one I had was a real mess where somebody had sprayed the whole bike black with aerosol paint (even the Dura Ace components). Sadly though, the pics have dropped off the thread, and the iPad where the pictures are stored is locked with a broken screen. It’s on the list to have repaired simply so I can access the 2000 pics stored on it.
I’ve to drive up to Scotland early next week and collect this, so I’ll start up a build thread once I’ve finished the current project.

Back